Author Topic: Refresh rate  (Read 1181 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Is there a way to set this? My display does 120hz but the game keeps defaulting to 60hz. There used to be a registry flag called OGL_RefreshRate many years ago for this, but that doesn't work anymore.

My current "solution" to this is to have a custom resolution in the Nvidia drivers (1918x1080 instead of 1920x1080) that only supports 120hz, which forces the game to run at 120hz. This works fine, but the launcher doesn't recognize this resolution and keeps reverting it to 640x480 whenever I open the launcher. I made a reg file that sets the resolution correctly when this happens, but I have to remember to run that every time I open the launcher. :P

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
To "fix" the launcher, you can add a custom flag on the advanced settings tab: -res 1918x1080

As for the refresh rate if you turn on "Disable Vertical Sync" in the launcher then the fps limit is increased to 120fps. But I'm not 100% sure that's what you're looking for.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, I want to have the actual refresh rate at 120hz. FS2 benefits a lot from 120hz, especially with a strobing backlight (Lightboost and similar technologies), which removes the motion blur on background nebulas.

The res flag seems to do the trick for now.