Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3026064 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Asante Sana Squash Banana.
I mean, you'd be better off asking what you can do with either. Your average piece of consumer electronics contains a big battery or two to store the energy that powers it, and anywhere from a dozen to hundreds of capacitors used for things like signal processing and circuit logic.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I think we just encountered a loop here.  :lol:

But yeah, batteries and capacitors are used differently and are thus optimized to fit their use case. My opinion is that you *can* use a battery in place of a capacitor, and vice versa, but don't expect the swap to work well.

Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

But you really can't! You can use a capacitor in a circuit to block DC current but allow AC current through; this wouldn't work at all if you used a battery instead.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
But you really can't! You can use a capacitor in a circuit to block DC current but allow AC current through; this wouldn't work at all if you used a battery instead.

Got an example circuit? :)
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
What do electrical engineers say when they meditate?
"OOOOOOoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

All of this electrical talk...
...shocks me

You want an example circuit? Atlanta Motor Speedway

I was a fan of AC DC...
...until the current didn't deliver live

Bite your tungsten people! That's just naughty
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Got to work around noon (shifting from second back to normal shift).  About 20 minutes to get through the front gate.  20 more minutes circling the parking lot for a spot.  Got bag searched at the waterfront gate.  Got to the office trailer, no one there. 

Went home.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline watsisname

Just watched Song of the Sea.  Quite possibly the most beautiful and enchanting film I have ever seen.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I... don't even
Not even a little
"No"

Offline watsisname

um
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I'm not going to click play, but even without watching it's enough to ask why the **** would you post that.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Downloading the test client of Armored Warfare ready for the test servers going live tomorrow
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Got a GoPro the other day.  Now I just need something worthwhile to do with it.  Didn't really consider the fact I'm not show-other-people level skilled at really anything.  Taken a couple videos of my bass playing.  I look kindof retarded.  Waiting on a good day of waves for skimboarding.

Offline Vrets

I performed some meaningless tasks to please my sinister overlords.

My artificially flavored coffee provides minimal solace

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Got a GoPro the other day.  Now I just need something worthwhile to do with it.  Didn't really consider the fact I'm not show-other-people level skilled at really anything.  Taken a couple videos of my bass playing.  I look kindof retarded.  Waiting on a good day of waves for skimboarding.

Got a bike? Just stick it on and go for a time-lapse ride around town. Stick it on the window and do a time-lapse of a day or along exposure of a night sky.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
No bike.  There's not much here worth doing a driving time lapse for.  I'll try to keep that in mind for road trips though.  Night sky isn't a bad idea though.  I have this week off, now I'm thinking I get out to the beach and get a sunrise time lapse. 

Of course, now this will all necessitate learning how to edit.  Never done a lick of it outside of extremely basic (like, cropping and auto-contrasting) single images.  First task is going to be trying to sync up one of the bass videos with the track (audio capture is horrid, especially when mounted to the bass).  Maybe if I'm feeling adventurous I'll try to cut in different angles.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Currently laughing at our favorite Religious nuts derping again

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/westboro-baptist-church-accidentally-hates-the-ivory-coast/
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
After watching a few videos of myself playing bass.... god I'm WAY worse than I thought.  My rhythm always sounds pretty damn close to right on when I'm playing, but jesus does it look sloppy and unsteady as **** in the videos.  I think my internal musical brain is locked on to the groove and overriding what my hands are telling it.  Also my technique is just so stupidly big and inefficient, but it still seems to feel right and I can't make myself clean it up even now that I'm thinking about it while playing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:15:41 pm by Klaustrophobia »

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Just pulled a second double-shift with the current company I am employed with. Employee who was scheduled to relieve me neither showed up nor called, nor responded to my message politely reminding them that they were scheduled to come in. Naturally, since it was graduation night for just about every ****ing highschool in Texas, both the store manager and the deli manager were on vacation time to attend their corresponding relatives' graduations. Bully for them, except, Nobody else was available to sub in that night because (surprise surprise) everybody had their own goddamn plans for the night (and 2 of them were graduating!)

I've already announced my resignation at the end of December, but with **** like this happening I'm going to be bumping that up for each bull-headed mistake these two make (I'll start with bumping up to August).
chief1983

------------

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
https://www.lily.camera/

WANT.  SO MUCH WANT.

If I hadn't bought a gopro 4 days ago, I probably would have bought one instantly upon seeing this. 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What's the usp?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png