Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3010580 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.
Horses for courses bud, everyone feels different and your right to feel that way, buuuuuuut life's too short to waste time... point proven by the fact my son was born at 5:03 this morning ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Congrats, Dekker!

I'm watching the trash fire that is Batman vs. Superman, and I've needed to stop for a breather at several points throughout the film, since there's only so much unmitigated awful I can handle in a single shot.  At this moment, I've paused at almost exactly halfway into the film.

Would you like to know something that famous movie-maker Zach Snyder doesn't know?  Congressional hearings do not take place in the Capitol Building.  House hearings take place in the Rayburn, Longworth, and Cannon office buildings, across Independence Avenue, to the south of Capitol Hill.  Senate hearings take place in the Russell, Dirksen, and Hart buildings, across Constitution Avenue, to the north of Capitol Hill.

Lex Luthor blew up the wrong building.

Lex Luthor--multi-zillionaire and criminal supergenius--blew up the wrong building.

This movie had a $300 million dollar budget, and they couldn't have an intern look up what buildings are used for Congressional hearings.  This movie isn't worth the jar of warm piss that was in the hearing room that didn't get blown up, because the effects team animated the wrong building exploding.  I don't think I'm going to make it to the two-hour mark in this ****show, nevermind the three-hour mark.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Earlier this year, I watched that thing and had opinions on it on Twitter.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I saw it in theater at the time when I was visiting my niece in Belgium. I liked the bit where they focused on the ground level devestation of the previous film, but daaaaaammmmn. DC really needs... an editor.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
So I finely got around to scanning some of my art'n'stuff, figured I'd do something with it.

Hence, I have an Avatar now! hope it does not look too stupid.

I was trying to draw some paleoart of a Gorgonopsid, but it looked so much cooler with shades that I could not help myself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:46:13 am by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Fabian Woltermann
@The_one_E
   24 janv.
And now for the infamous "let's kill jimmy olsen for no good reason" scene
... Jimmy Olsen was in this movie ???

Yeah, Zack Snyder's style and take on the DCU is pretty awful. I mean, sure he can create beautiful shots, but A) they're stitched together like some sort of Frankenstein monster with mismatched body parts, B) you can't see **** in most of those shots, especially during action scenes, C) visuals & symbolism have priority over plot & characters. The result is usually an unfathomable mess with characters doing seemingly random **** that happen to move the plot forward, with the plot itself being all over the place and missing pieces, and the action scenes failing to distract from all this since you can barely see what's going on.

Which is probably the reason why everybody was so surprised that Wonder Woman turned out to be so damned good.

Anyway, has anybody seen Justice League yet ?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Fabian Woltermann
@The_one_E
   24 janv.
And now for the infamous "let's kill jimmy olsen for no good reason" scene
... Jimmy Olsen was in this movie ???

Remember that scene early on, with Lois Lane and a reporter guy in somewhereistan? Where reporter guy is outed as a CIA plant and then shot?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Oh right, I didn't even realized he was supposed to be a named character. Thanks.

Top Gear always had it out for caravaners, and I think I may have gotten to the root cause of that.

In the United States, if you ask someone employed at a car dealership, "What's the towing capacity of a 2014 Ford Fiesta?" the answer is, "HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Let me show you something with a 6.7 liter turbo-diesel."

In the United Kingdom, if you ask someone employed by a car leasing company, "What's the towing capacity of a 2014 Ford Fiesta?" the answer is apparently, "Nine-hundred kilograms."  (In 'Murican units, that's 1,984 pounds or 80% of the car's own weight.)

lolwut?

In the US, I have to tell people not to underestimate what a plucky four-cylinder engine can do these days, but I think there's people in the UK who desperately need to hear the opposite message.  Don't try to drag nearly two-thousand pounds behind a car that barely makes 120hp.  It's a bad idea.  No, it's the worst idea.  If you're considering doing this, then a UN peacekeeping force needs to swing round to take away your car keys.  Kim Jong Un can keep his nukes, as long as you aren't allowed to tow.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I just received an e-mail notification that an item on my GOG.com wishlist was on sale, so I decided to check it out.

Turns out, the item on sale was none other than Descent 3.

I went to check the main page of GOG.com, and I saw it - they were selling Descent, Descent II and Descent 3 again, after not doing so for about 3 years. And they were selling all three games at a discount of 66.7% per game.

Instant checkout. I'm now $9.99 poorer.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:30:24 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
My woodstove shaved $50-70 of my power bill this past month. Sweet.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Damn retailers and their damn deals.  I am extremely tempted to pick up a high-spec Lenovo Y520 today which is discounted to $1300 CAD from 1700.  Ugh.  Curse my fiscal responsibility.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Damn retailers and their damn deals.  I am extremely tempted to pick up a high-spec Lenovo Y520 today which is discounted to $1300 CAD from 1700.  Ugh.  Curse my fiscal responsibility.

I mean, if you've got a functional laptop that does everything you need it to already, then you could save another $1,300.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

I mean, if you've got a functional laptop that does everything you need it to already, then you could save another $1,300.

I have a functional laptop that slowly does the basics we need it to do.  I WANT a speedier laptop capable of accompanying me on work trips in order to further my progress through my games backlog :)

But like I said, my fiscally responsible side is winning.  It always wins.  It's a curse in some ways.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Apparently, I failed a Turing Test today.  I signed up for Twitter and was kicked off within six hours for (apparently) being a bot.  I must be a pretty ****ing advanced AI to have made it from 1984 until now without being identified.  That must also mean that the Twitter bot that flagged me as a bot is also super-advanced to see through the veil that people and machine alike had been unable to pierce for over three decades.

Oh well....  I guess the gig's up now.  Just gotta find a sexy robot mama who wants to destroy all humans.

Honestly, they've probably done me a favor, correcting for a massive lapse in judgement on my part.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Got my new computer up and running today. :D

My most recent (a laptop) got me through the last four and a half years, so I can't really complain too much.  Still works, and works just fine, but it lacks a lot of the power I need for modern gaming, and that just won't do.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
This week I started a position back at the employer who laid off me and 30 something other employees last year.  The management has completely turned over and the books look better again so it seemed like a good idea.  I can finally put my phone back on the company wifi during the day, yay!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I was just turned down for a job at the local Hospital. Welp I guess I'm not getting anything till I'm like 25 I guess. :D

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Well after 9 to 10 inches of wet snow, a big limb on the garage, one on the porch, I sit here on the couch still without power enjoying the warmth of the woodstove.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.