Author Topic: Antipodes #3  (Read 4715 times)

Hiya Folks,

This is Antipodes build #3

Antipodes is a staging ground for changes that will eventually make their way into trunk. Antipodes should not be considered stable.

Antipodes #3 has been completed by Flaming_Sword and relates to his Interface changes. It will be described more fully below.

This build includes trunk to 5592.

Patch
Antipodes 3 Executables

PDBs (for when you have troubles) can be found in this folder:
Antipodes 3 PDBs

Note that they don't compress well. To use: Download matchine PDBs zip, unzip into the SAME location as the executables.
The PDBs have been versioned in the same fashion as the Antipodes executables, so multiple PDB versions can coexist in the same folder. (although, I recommend removing old ones due to their size)

From Flaming_Sword:
The major change in this build is the handling of animations in the interface.

* EFF is supported as well as ANI (i.e. 32 bit animations/mainhall including transparency)
  * Elimination of palette issues when an ANI is played with a 32-bit interface background
  * Animation framerates are no longer restricted to 15fps
* EFF and ANI in-mission no longer crashes if there are more than 256 frames
* Addition of "$Keyframe:" for EFF (ignored outside of interface)
  * Keyframe looping (e.g. weapon select ANIs) now supported in other places (e.g. command briefings, mainhall)
  * New keyframe loop mode for mainhall door animations, where a door will open, then play a looping animation
* In some places, static images can be used in place of an animation, eliminating the need for single frame ANIs

Notes:

* Longer load times as animations are loaded differently
* EFF support for interface cursor already existed before this patch
* HUD and Briefing icons (which uses HUD code) not changed - Swifty said he's redoing the HUD
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Tested. Works great! No complaints thus far.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Anything stopping this going into trunk?

FS: Lack of testing...

Folks: Test the Antipodes builds. This is code that we've judged to not be suitable to go straight into trunk, but that should be tested separately first. Without adequate testing it's just like jamming it straight into trunk!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
For the record: It works fine on my end.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Not many people will test this unless you provide them with a bunch of test data, like the EFF'ed mainhall 'E' uploaded a while ago.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Then I'll just repost the link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zzxqqjtzyum
Package contains the eff-ified terran and Vasudan mainhalls. There may be some slight discoloration in there due to me not being careful during the conversion process.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I've also been using this as a base for the other things I've been playing with... :nervous:

This was merged in 5608.