Author Topic: Thruster-Jets for non player ships  (Read 3242 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Thruster-Jets for non player ships
there currently is no way to show all the small thrusters for pitch/roll- and bank-movement on ships that are not the player ship is there?
i'm adding such thrusters to my recent corvette right now, which is rather silly if they are only renderd if the corvette is player controlled  :banghead:

this should be a super easy fix if someone is willing to make the change
i'm thinking of either a global or a per-ship flag to show the thrusters even if the ship is not controlled by the player  :)
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Re: Thruster-Jets for non player ships
this should be a super easy fix if someone is willing to make the change
Never assume that unless you know the code involved.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Oddly enough, I remember seeing them on non-player ships in TBP. Especially apparent since it was the time when they were directly tied to speed; when you shot at the enemy Starfury, thrusters flashed from that side with every impact. :)

Offline fightermedic

yea, scratch that, they in fact DO show up
me is derp

at least on the fighters, and oddly enough not really in a consistent way, like they are not always there, and only super short at some time, although the ship doing wild turns all the times

they definitely are not appearing on the corvette if it is AI controlled though, while appearing perfectly fine if i control it myself
weiiiiird
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looks like you came across a bug here. This is a rarely used feature, and Diaspora thrusters (one of the two notable places where they're used, the other being TBP) are hard to see, so it's hardly surprising this went unnoticed for who knows how long.

Offline fightermedic

after more tests i come to the conclusion that this is the problem:
"roll right" and  "bank right" are switched in their functionallity, same goes for the left ones

but at this point i'm utterly confused, so take this with a grain of salt
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

i've tested a bit more, and it seems this is completely weird
i've never seen the thrusters show up on a ship that doesn't belong to the player's wing, but even then they don't most of the time
on the player ship everything always works completely fine
i'm going to mantis this, this behaviour is definitely bugged right now
>>Ships created by me<<