Author Topic: Inferno: Nostos Discussion 1  (Read 31146 times)

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Re: Inferno: Nostos Arrives this Summer!
I hope it's not too late to make a minor suggestion:

A thing I had a minor dislike about in Inferno R1 is that we didn't really get to understand what the terms of the GTVA-EA armistice were after mission 14.  The debriefing text said numerous concessions by the EA were made but didn't say much else.  Would it be possible to add a few more sentences in the final mission debriefing to elaborate more on what the terms of the armistice were?

As far as I am aware but don't take this from me, the new Inferno will basically end after the Battle of Earth and then pick up with other releases, so I don't think we'll hear anything about an Armistice in Nostos but again, I could be wrong.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the last mission hasn't been made yet but something like that might be better to be added to the command brief of the first mission of the second chapter, since there would be more room to go into detail there.

Offline est1895

"Dad,...are we there yet?"

Offline QuakeIV

• test

Offline Veers

Come on Australian Summer, :P (we don't do Spring any more apparently)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yeah, **** Spring.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline James Razor

• New Eden Veteran.
Uhm.... is there any update? Or any new ETA?

I mean, i would even settle for a good intro trailer (love the ones from BP btw).

Can we haz? Pretty pls? I'll even put a cherry on top.   :nervous:

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Uhm.... is there any update? Or any new ETA?

I mean, i would even settle for a good intro trailer (love the ones from BP btw).

Can we haz? Pretty pls? I'll even put a cherry on top.   :nervous:

My fellow New Edenite, they'll be done when they're done. That is all.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I don't want to give another eta in case we don't make it again, since that would be further disappointment.
Once we are 99.9% certain we'll be pushing more stuff out to show before the release.

Completion of the Sol Gate is taking longer than expected and is our next major milestone. With that complete we can finalise the first 2/3rds of the campaign and only have to worry about the assets required for the final mission.

The Terran fleet is ready apart for the Bastion and the Sol Gate, the Arcas and extension HTL models will have to wait for R2 as those are going to take a few months and would increase the delay to unacceptable levels now.

The EA is missing 1 model for the final mission. The Icanus won't be done till the next release as that model is proving difficult to upgrade at this moment. After that there's only a few minor things like a sentry gun and support ship.

The Vasudans, thanks to Dagger are in a far better position now. They are still missing major models but not for the first 30 missions so there will be no delay there. Major missing models for R2 are the Vasudan flagship and carrier.

The Shivans are good to go, only the Gania and Gigas need to be completed there for r2.

You have to admit the thread title kind of invites a lot of "Are we there yet?" questions.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
To be fair the thread was made back in January when they thought they would be able to make the release.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The original planned date was July 16th, but we hit several snags in March and April that massively slowed the progress level down further than anticipated. We also knew that several staff members would start to become busy from around August onwards which is why progress has been slow the past few months. It's also why I won't commit to a date again till I'm sure we'll actually make it this time.

thread titles can be edited, you know
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It still works for "this summer." Don't be a jerk.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

It's better to let this stand. No project has yet to dwarf ST:R's amazing optimism, this might be the first :P.

Keep up the fine work, gentlemen :).

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's better to let this stand. No project has yet to dwarf ST:R's amazing optimism, this might be the first :p.

ST:R kicks Inferno's ass. :nervous:

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Like what Woo said, several key members including myself are busy with real life.  I for one started residency training so all my free time is gone.

R

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
A sizable part of a tree fell on my house this summer so I've had to spend a great deal of my spare time repairing and remodeling.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours