Author Topic: Release 3.6.16 Release Candidate 1  (Read 11675 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Release 3.6.16 Release Candidate 1
Is there a way to avoid this, or to turn back on the auto targeting option with another sexp?
I was not expecting it to do that :S
el hombre vicio...

Offline Yarn

Apparently, the AI forgot how to attack subsystems properly over two years ago. I created a Mantis ticket on this here.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Arpit

I have a problem:

When in FRED, I put ships and in the Misc Tab in Ships Editor and check the flags, stealth and invisible to friendlies when stealthed, and test it, the game crashes the moment those ships jump in.

Can anybody give me a solution?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Can you post a Mantis ticket and attach that mission?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What, I'd rather see a debug log and/or the mission before anything goes to Mantis. I use that flag combination all the time and don't get crashes. Based on the information given, it could just as likely me a model issue or a mod hierarchy problem. There's way too little information here to expect a code bug.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're jumping to conclusions.  I wanted to rule out a mission problem, which is why I asked him to attach the mission (though the debug log would have been a good thing to add).  I wanted him to post a ticket because it's better than trying to debug something within the RC1 thread.

Offline Arpit

There's way too little information here to expect a code bug.

Full description of problem:

I am playing Blue Planet : Tenebra with these executables and have made some changes to the tables.

Changes:

- Removed all $Glowpoint override  sections form both bp-ship.tbm and bp2-ship.tbm because they were not compatible with 3.6.16 executables.
- Merged mainhall tables and removed +name sections from them as they were too causing errors.
- Lastly opened the campaign files to incorporate the above mainhall changes (mainhall index,etc). (I did not make any changes to the mission files)

Sorry for doing all this, but the latest Blue Planet builds (I checked on 29th January in the topic: The Blue Planet build repository) do not work and crash while the debug version gives me the vec3d error while playing.

Now with all the adjustments above, I was able to play Tenebra until the mission 'One Future' came. In this mission all works well until servil gywilm ( or someone like that ) arrives. On his arrival, my game stops and I get the message Freespace Open has stopped responding (It appears automatically without any key press). I opened the mission in FRED and saw that there were some friendly stealth fighters also which arrived at the same time with those flags I mentioned above.

So here's the problem, I think there is a high probability that these stealth fighters are the error(one ulysses and three medusas, I don't think so) or maybe the key-pressed scripts(although they must give error at the start of mission and not at that time).

Other missions like Her Finest Hour (I played them using skipmemymissionyo cheat) worked perfectly so the tables are not giving the problem. Also I had tried to play the campaign with 3.6.14 executables. Although there were errors, there were no crashes and I was able to play the campaign.

Based on the information given, it could just as likely me a model issue or a mod hierarchy problem.

You are right, mjn.mixael. Putting one hostile Fenris cruiser and some stealth fighters with those flags doesn't give problem. But when I put some seriously big models(in this case, Morena MacDuff and Large Asteroid) I get this error.

Now I have got one more problem. When I go in Campaign selection room and select Blue Planet:War in Heaven Part II the game stops responding. So I cannot reproduce the debug log for that mission. And I haven't changed the mission so if you play Blue Planet, you have the mission file.

Once again I apologize for irritating you, since I'm very new to HLP.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
The BP executables have a number of changes from 3.6.16, even excluding the graphical enhancements, such as the new pilot code in antipodes and these changes at a minimum. Given also the local changes to the tables and campaign files (only the ship table changes should be needed AFAIK, don't know what was causing the mainhall errors), I don't think this can be pinned on 3.6.16 RC1 (no offense to Arpit) unless it can be reproduced using just retail ships, EDIT: or at least unless it can be confirmed that it isn't a problem with the BP assets or the local mod setup.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:28:29 am by jg18 »

Offline Arpit

Removed the mainhall.tbl and all the modified campaign files. Still mainhall problems are occuring. I have attached the debug log below. I am getting worried now because even on wiki it says that it is a 3.6.15 supported feature. Please help me and give me a solution as soon as possible. :shaking:

Sorry for doing all this, but the latest Blue Planet builds (I checked on 29th January in the topic: The Blue Planet build repository) do not work and crash while the debug version gives me the vec3d error while playing.

Most probably they do not work because I have an Intel graphic card.(and that too, Intel GMA) :(

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Removed the mainhall.tbl and all the modified campaign files. Still mainhall problems are occuring. I have attached the debug log below. I am getting worried now because even on wiki it says that it is a 3.6.15 supported feature. Please help me and give me a solution as soon as possible. :shaking:

Crapface. 3.6.15 was supposed to be the revision before the pilot code which didn't happen... so that means those features are bumped back. I've fixed the mainhall.tbl Wiki page, but I'm wondering what other pages are affected.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Oh, right, I'd forgotten that modular mainhall.tbl was also in antipodes. (Strange that a single antipodes version is holding multiple new feature sets. :doubt:) I didn't notice it because the BP OS X builds I was making were based on antipodes and thus already had that feature included.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Antipodes holds the mainhall features because they required new pilot code.