Author Topic: Installed the open project awhile back and have a question.  (Read 1886 times)

Installed the open project awhile back and have a question.
Hey guys I'm new here but I had installed the open project to Freespace 2 quite some time ago. I recently tried the game again but had a few basic questions.

Is there anyway to tell what all mods I have installed or anyway to update?

Also when I first try to open the launcher it gives me an error message "Failed EnumAdapterModes in UpdateAntialiaslist". What is this? I don't think it matters b/c after I click it off the launcher opens fine and I'm able to launch the game and play.

The only other question I have really is what is the best order to play the Freespace campaigns in? When I launch Freespace 2 Open under select campaign I have a few available...

1. Freespace the Great War
2. Operation Templar
3. Silent Threat

I'm assuming that would be the correct order but I'm not sure. Is Silent Threat an expansion or is that the actual Freespace 2 campaign?

Sorry for all these questions is just been a year or so since I installed all of this and I'm kind of lost. I almost think I should just remove all Freespace stuff on my PC and start over lol.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Installed the open project awhile back and have a question.
Okay, so here's what you should do. Go to http://www.fsoinstaller.com/ and download the installer. This is a handy little tool we've made that you can use to manage your mod installs. Amongst the things you should tell it to install is "wxLauncher for Windows", which is a new Launcher that is fully compatible with modern Windows OSes. The Launcher you are currently using, also known as Launcher 5.5g, is obsolete and will not work with future builds of FSO.

The only other question I have really is what is the best order to play the Freespace campaigns in? When I launch Freespace 2 Open under select campaign I have a few available...

1. Freespace the Great War
2. Operation Templar
3. Silent Threat

So you are obviously running the FreeSpace Port as the active mod, in which case you should start with The Great War (which is the FreeSpace 1 main campaign). Operation Templar is entirely optional, and Silent Threat should be skipped; There's a much better version of that campaign called Silent Threat: Reborn, which you can get through the Installer I mentioned above.

If you have further questions, I would invite you to the #freespace channel on irc.esper.net (you can find a link to it under the HLP dropdown in the menu bar of this site), or to drop by the HLP Discord (found here).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Re: Installed the open project awhile back and have a question.
Thanks I appreciate the help! I'm going to go down load that now!