Author Topic: im sure somthing missing..help  (Read 1959 times)

im sure somthing missing..help
hi there

first sorry for my eng

im playing freespace 2 with Mediavps 2014 and last build fs_open

anyway its great..but just relized there's Blue Planet mod!!! i watched youtube
and it was exactly same missions as original but some enhancements i think

so is it like a remake or somthing or it has its own missions too? cus many says Blue Planet war in heaven 2 its same MOD..so im lost..hope u answer me plz

anyway..look at the pic's .. we can c there's a cockpit..how to enable it? and also Weapon Loadout..its not like in the pic..mine is diffrent
even sometimes in youtube i can c they can use much more weapons !!!

Re: im sure somthing missing..help
If you downloaded BP complete you should have multiple campaigns for you to select and indeed there's the freespace 2 campaign with BP enhancement, but you'll have no cockpits in the freespace 2 campaign, perhaps in BP part 2 (the screenshot is not from FS2 campaign!), I can't tell for now I redo the FS2 campaign in BP and have a blast it's good better balance for ships/weapons and perhaps a bit more difficult because of better AI tables!

In your campaign room with BP complete you should have Age of Aquarius campaign, War in Heavens 1/2, Freespace 2 blue (if you downloaded the addon it's only 3Mb) and another  campaign I don't remember the name.

If you downloaded BP complete you should have multiple campaigns for you to select and indeed there's the freespace 2 campaign with BP enhancement, but you'll have no cockpits in the freespace 2 campaign, perhaps in BP part 2 (the screenshot is not from FS2 campaign!), I can't tell for now I redo the FS2 campaign in BP and have a blast it's good better balance for ships/weapons and perhaps a bit more difficult because of better AI tables!

In your campaign room with BP complete you should have Age of Aquarius campaign, War in Heavens 1/2, Freespace 2 blue (if you downloaded the addon it's only 3Mb) and another  campaign I don't remember the name.

thanx very much brother..i'll be appreciate if u tell me about the addon..and what about Weapon Loadout?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:06:24 pm by kaicooper »

BP campaigns (age of aquarius and war in heavens) have new weapons and ships.
I think the screenshot is from war in heavens but perhaps I'm wrong....

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
The screenshot is from War in Heaven, Act 3 (Tenebra), Eyes in The Storm mission. Tenebra is in War in Heaven 2 campaign. The person playing there is flying an Uriel heavy fighter. You get to use it a few times in WiH. Plus, the screen is from an old version of Blue Planet. The current one is named Blue Planet Complete.

Blue Planet is a continuation of Freespace 2 story. If you are just getting started, I suggest getting FSPort and playing campaigns: Freespace: The Great War, Silent Threat Reborn, Freespace 2 Blue (a bit enhanced FS2 main campaign), then Age of Aquarius and War in Heaven - in that order. Blue Planet also refers to events from Freespace 1 and Silent Threat, so you may find it interesting.
The last campaign in BP is called The Blade Itself and it's a single mission "experiment" - the player gets to pilot a Karuna. I think that's interesting enough.

As for the cockpits, I believe that Lightning Marshal and Operation Savior make extensive use of them, they aren't as pretty looking as this one on the screen from BP. I don't really know much about cockpits in BP though.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

MitoPL ..

big thanx buddy..but what about the Weapon Loadout..when i try to choose weapons
its not big size and blue as the pic..the one i have are too small..

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Don't worry about it, they're smaller when using 3D selection.