Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Sometimes a pause / resume will help if it's not actually the server's load that's the issue.  (I've seen the exact same thing from frickin Microsoft servers, it wasn't the load, it was the darned ISP or the route taken that was the issue).

Another thing that would sometimes magically work was *cough, cough* firing up a tab for speedtest.net  and running a download speed test.

This could all just be me, however, personally I think there was something to it.  :nono:

You could also try using Knossos, that's almost at v1.0 release now (right around the corner if nothing goes wrong).
Wings of Dawn / Re: A WoD dev blog
« Last post by FrikgFeek on May 20, 2018, 08:53:42 am »
Eh, I feel more like it was generally managable aside from the last mission which is just stupid hard and how insane the Fur'angle were if you weren't packing HEDRs. Death by constant screenshake is not fun.
Wings of Dawn / Re: A WoD dev blog
« Last post by Flak on May 20, 2018, 08:13:09 am »
The original Wings of Dawn is Zero Wing/1942 hard anyway, so for new players I supposed it was adjusted. 
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by AdmiralRalwood on May 20, 2018, 05:27:12 am »
KoF2k2 is run through an emulator, IIRC; it doesn't surprise me that a proprietary emulator wouldn't have great joystick detection.
« Last post by Mammothtank on May 20, 2018, 05:24:02 am »
I have yet to install Tides of Numenera, I'm giving Doctor Wily in Megaman 8 a fierce battle right now instead. But I've been deciding if the next CRPG should be;
a. Tides of Numenera. b. Planescape Torment or c. Transfer my not optimum Baldurs Gate 1 character over to Baldurs Gate 2.

(I keep forgetting that I have Mechwarrior 2 installed.)

I also have King of Fighters 2002 from a gog.com giveaway but it doesn't detect my arcade stick for some reason so after some unconclusive googling I uninstalled it.

SNK's PC ports aren't known for being good. KoF 13 and 14 I know personally are pretty good ports however. KoF 14 is basically a Dream Match anyways.
Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: RELASE: Trimurti
« Last post by rubixcube on May 20, 2018, 12:55:19 am »
Here's an odd thing I noticed

Spoiler:
Why is Tombaugh station 2 Arcadia's stacked on top of each other?
Eh, just a way to make it seem bigger, since it was described as a "fortress".

Fair enough,

I hope this campaign gets more attention, would love to see more content from you.
It's Laurel, you commie freaks!!  :lol:

See the last bit of the video (2:16, can anyone confirm?)

FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Question about usage of community assets
« Last post by karajorma on May 19, 2018, 10:25:46 pm »
Just because the SEO of this thread title might see it found by others in the future, the only caveat I would add to this statement is that it generally will only apply to FSO based projects. Several of the more prolific asset creators (myself included) are not keen on ships being ported to other engines without permission being granted first, non-commerciality notwithstanding. Though this doesn't apply to every model, and some asset creators are fine with it.

Everything in Diaspora was released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. I strongly encourage other modders to do the same but if they don't want to, I think they should at least decide exactly what licence they want their stuff to be released under. We've had several cases where who owns what has been an issue, and it's a good idea to decide that sort of thing ahead of time. There's no reason you can't say everything is under a CC licence with respect to anything FS2 related and under a different licence for other engines.
« Last post by Det. Bullock on May 19, 2018, 09:56:21 pm »
Part of the fault lays also with me not noticing how old certain posts were.  :nervous:

I've been trying out Torment: Tides of Numenera because of the Steam free weekend but unfortunately I'm stuck at work most of the time so even if I had money on my paypal account this is no time to play it properly.
I also been playing Arkham Knight (PC) because at eight Euros being a DC fan I couldn't pass it up, it's fine but this fixation of shoehorning the Batmobile in everything is frankly irritating.
Same with the weird tendence of damseling characters fo inordinately long stretches of time, fortunately I did read a few spoilers because otherwise a certain moment played purely for shock value and get Batman even more angsty than usual might have made me quit there and there.
But since I have basically only a couple of hours at a time with my desktop PC lately, I dusted off my arcade stick to play some Street Fighter Alpha 2 via MAME and some Double Dragon Trilogy on my old laptop.
I also have King of Fighters 2002 from a gog.com giveaway but it doesn't detect my arcade stick for some reason so after some unconclusive googling I uninstalled it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10