Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
Wings of Dawn / Re: A WoD dev blog
« Last post by Lorric on July 21, 2017, 03:29:56 pm »
Because you've now surely fallen deeply in love with War of the Three Kingdoms (Three Kingdoms 2010 as I know it), right? :D
The Scroll of Atankharzim / Re: [Help wanted] Screenshot creator
« Last post by Goober5000 on July 21, 2017, 02:45:23 pm »
Can you tell me how you are taking the screenshot?
Wings of Dawn / Re: A WoD dev blog
« Last post by Spoon on July 21, 2017, 02:42:53 pm »
Well, missed my own internal deadline for stuff by two months, game development is hard.
Or more precisely, staying motivated and on target is hard. It's not that I set impossible goals, it's just that a lot of development is just kinda unfun work, work that is required to achieve a certain level of quality.

In all honesty, I'm not even sure at this point if I can live up to the promise of a release this year. If I could muster full focus/concentration/motivation and just get a lot of hours in. Sure.
But hey...
The FRED Workshop / Re: Shattered Stars - A FS2 Campaign
« Last post by Bryan See on July 21, 2017, 12:29:52 pm »
As the others mentioned, the errors that Woutersmits encountered has been due to a modpack. These errors range from missing anims, POF errors, and so on.

Furthermore, there's a fleet structure established by Starbug in his United Terran Republic Fleet project, which is being used in my mod today. It consists of today's navy class system (Corvette -> frigate -> destroyer -> Cruiser -> Carrier -> Battleship). My current fleetpacks do not adhere to such.

Accordingly, I've removed the assets from Ancient Shivan War and certain Authority craft (from Earth Defense and Esarai's fleet), all of which I deem is not only problematic, but also to contain the dependence of MediaVPs' Terran cockpit maps and do not adhere to Starbug's structure. I'm currently making such to replace the lost ones (including the entire GRW fleetpack and several Authority ships), with "show ship" cockpits.

The first test of the redesigned modpack goes very well; no errors have been encountered. My first impression that, upon making it dependent on Blue Planet Complete, MediaVPs and FreeSpace 2 Retail (I intend to still make it FS2 independent, to make it compatible with all FS2 Open builds), it's what Shattered Stars would be, but without the MediaVPs and FS2 retail, making the first ever original total-conversion mod made since Spoon's Wings of Dawn.

At the moment, the mod repository of the reworked modpack is on GitHub right now. Included is the source, namely the Blender model of the GRF Dravaka, formerly what HLP staff called as the "GRW Small Interceptor" on the May 2017 newsletter. And, in the readme file, there's a link to the ModDB page. I'm gonna update that page soon.
I'm sure in the near future they'll use 3D printing to print rigs, thereby reducing costs. But I still have doubt on whether they had the right money to purchase such equipment...
I bought several AAA games for half that price.

The most amusing threads on the SC forums were always the ones were people debated whether putting 2000-3000$ into a new rig now would be a wise move or whether buying 2000-3000$ jpg Space Ships first and waiting 1-2 years until SC releases (yes! :lol:) with final system requirements, before buying the new rig, would be better.  :lol: :banghead: :nod:
The Scroll of Atankharzim / Re: [Help wanted] Screenshot creator
« Last post by woutersmits on July 21, 2017, 11:31:19 am »
Yeach thats stupid glitch
How to fix it or can you fix it
$48 for a glorified wheeled delivery vehicle. In a universe where you'll mostly be behind the flight stick of a spaceship. You wanna put some weapons on that delivery buggy? Well, you can, but you've got to pay $276 for the whole package.

I bought several AAA games for half that price.

Heck, I bought the entire ME trilogy for 15 bucks for a birthday present, that's less than a third.

But hey, I guess it has a non-trivial number of polygons.
I find it hilarious that with this sale (and the recent ones with space bikes) and the planetary outpost stuff, they are pushing towards combined arms warfare on planets.... without having the basic spaceship gameplay implemented.

FFS, they can't even keep the spacemans from clipping out of the space chariots when everything is static, and they want to do complex space/air/ground combat?!?

I pity the CIG code monkeys.

Imagine how their junior requirements engineers must be feeling, if there are any.
$48 for a glorified wheeled delivery vehicle. In a universe where you'll mostly be behind the flight stick of a spaceship. You wanna put some weapons on that delivery buggy? Well, you can, but you've got to pay $276 for the whole package.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >