Author Topic: Cutscenes And In-Game Videos  (Read 6349 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Cutscenes And In-Game Videos
In-Game Videos
3 of the many chaotic missions

Cutscenes

Just a few out of 15

The video below is one particular cutscene that differs every time you replay it.
The camera movement is random.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:37:22 am by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

Re: Cutsceens And In-Game Videos
Sorry Herkie, but something seems to be wrong.  I clicked on the video and it said "An error occurred.  Please try again later."

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Yeah, I have that too. I am figuring this out right now.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
...Crap! I ran out of ideas... Well, I just posted a link.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You must have only the last part of the YouTube URL in the [ yt ] tags.

(EDIT: Video post removed by moderator)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:15:11 am by herkie423 »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh man, thanks....modifying my post.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Holy BOE Batman!  That said, it feels very much like some of the BP:AoA missions, particularly the climatic run for the Sol Node in Delta Serpentis.  I hear lots of borrowed sound effects in there, including the Star Wars Tie fighter blasters and the Star Trek II hand phaser sounds.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
That's one mission somewhere in the middle of the campaign. The next few missions after that actually drove most pilots of the 77th Dark Angels to the psycho ward including their Flight Division Commander.

Those weapon effects and background bitmaps sure are purty. Where'd you get them from? (He asks with no selfish interest at all, of course.)

I'm seeing a couple typos and grammatically wonky sections - nothing too egregious, but a proofreader's always a good thing to have. The TTS system is really weird and disorienting. The Star Wars blasters are preeeeeeeetty distinctive, but I got used to them pretty quickly.

Gonna second the BoE comment, but I kinda get the sense that this is intended as a dramatic setpiece mission.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I sampled the weapon sounds from the Starwars and Startrek movies. I edited the sound clips myself. The big explosion is a combination of samples from the movies Super 8 and Tron: Legacy.

I also made the skybox background from various images I downloaded, edited them further. In combining with FS2 made backgounds, I got the look I want.

EDIT: The weapon effects I made them as well. I created ANI files for those.

This mission is an Act ender. There are ten Acts and each of them have a "BOE" mission. Further more, these BOE enders escalates. Meaning, the next ender is more chaotic. Actually, most of the missions (80%) are in the BOE category.

Now, I don't  just throw the set pieces around liberally. The mission design covers most possible scenarios through player actions. These missions are not restrictive by tight scripting. Events will happen depending on the player's decision from load out to which target to attack first. Of course, there is a main objective. Too much strict coding will kill the mission's replayability. Although, my mission coding, are also complex because of  branching scenarios from dialogues to major events.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:48:25 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
By the way, what is "TTS?"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Text-To-Speech.  It's the auto-generated voice when no audio files for the messages or other texts are included.  You can select which types you want from the launcher:  Briefings, in-mission, and techroom.  There has also been multiplayer added since.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Yeah,... Sadly, I have to enable it. No voice acting. And I don't want blips.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Hey, don't down on it.  Voice acting a campaign isn't exactly quick or easy... just ask the BP team.  I actually prefer having TTS enabled, as it is a good proofreader.  I only wish you could play it directly from FRED and have a message timer feature to get event chaining delays more accurate.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
In chain delays, I actually speak the dialogue line (complete with emotion :) ) then timed it using a stopwatch.

EDIT: I do have Voice Acting audio files for the first fifteen missions. Featuring only one actor: me  :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:45:55 pm by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I will be posting several videos today (hopefully if the internet dosen't back down as it is a common occurence here).

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In chain delays, I actually speak the dialogue line (complete with emotion :) ) then timed it using a stopwatch.

EDIT: I do have Voice Acting audio files for the first fifteen missions. Featuring only one actor: me  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I copy my text into the TTS test window in the launcher, then press play and count with my fingers.  There is a way to speed up or slow down TTS.  There's an option in Windows.  I believe I have mine a bit faster than default.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Yeah, I slowed down my Text to Speech (Accessibility option in Windows) to make it a little bit realistic. I'm tired of Anna. I wish I have a male narrator

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: Cutscenes And In-Game Videos
Posted more videos