Author Topic: HUD scaling issue with Blue Planet  (Read 2457 times)

HUD scaling issue with Blue Planet
Hello all:

I've played through all of FSPort, Disapora and FS2 with the 2014 MediaVPs and this HUD mod (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91048.20) which worked great. However, neither that nor any of the solutions described in this thread (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91215.0) are working for me as I try to start to play Blue Planet on my same 2560x1440 screen; everything is super tiny and near impossible to read. I gather from what I've read BP uses its own HUD and doesn't work with these mods, but I'm still doing this  :banghead: trying to figure out a HUD mod or settings change I can make to scale up the BP HUD to a readable size. Thoughts?

Offline Axem

Re: HUD scaling issue with Blue Planet
Does this attached table make things more readable? (place in [YourBluePlanetFolder]/data/tables)

I've got something in the works to hopefully make it a little more readable, but this should be a stop-gap fix.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

It does, thanks. It looks lower resolution than the other solutions I was using (I guess because this in this case is actually scaling a HUD of fixed pixel size vs. replacing it with something designed to scale to higher resolution as in the other mods?) What is it about BP that makes it work differently with the HUD mods than the other mods?

Offline Axem

Yeah, it just scales up the low res art at the moment. I do have files that use a higher res art, but I just need to tweak some things so it works with BP 100%.

BP has some modified hud gauge tables that take priority over ones from the MediaVPs. For example BP like their message gauge under the main reticle, and there's some other custom hud gauge stuff for War in Heaven.

EDIT: Hey hey hey, try this and see if it looks better!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:18:13 pm by Axem »

Thanks, that works perfectly!