Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617877 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
I am really annoyed Starsiege still works, but MW3 does not.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Having that jumping car/tank problem?

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Yeah, from what I hear, Mech3 has a notorious problem from Win7 and beyond, where it's really, really picky about what video stuff it wants in hardware mode (mostly nVidia, with Intel GFX being a straight hit or miss). Software mode... ehh, you're probably gonna need somethings like CPUGrab and 2 Much Memory if all it does is run looking like it's on crack...

I haven't had the flying-stuff-out-of-control bit though (thankfully I still have a WinXP SP2 box functioning for my old-school games).

Meanwhile, I'm playing Hover, SkiFree and 3D Space Cadet: Pinball. Cripes, I still need to get Chip's Challenge.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
OH MY ****ING GOD HOVER
THAT **** IS THE ****

Played the hell out of that game
Now I'm undergoing a nostalgia seizure. Thanks
"No"

Offline LHN91

Yeah, from what I hear, Mech3 has a notorious problem from Win7 and beyond, where it's really, really picky about what video stuff it wants in hardware mode (mostly nVidia, with Intel GFX being a straight hit or miss). Software mode... ehh, you're probably gonna need somethings like CPUGrab and 2 Much Memory if all it does is run looking like it's on crack...

I haven't had the flying-stuff-out-of-control bit though (thankfully I still have a WinXP SP2 box functioning for my old-school games).

Meanwhile, I'm playing Hover, SkiFree and 3D Space Cadet: Pinball. Cripes, I still need to get Chip's Challenge.

Mech 3 doesn't really like XP either, for that matter. But yeah, nVidia cards, old (Pre-HD series) Radeon cards, and some Intel are okay. IIRC there's an unofficial patch that corrects some of the issues.

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
I recently got Super Robot Wars A Portable (think Fire Emblen with giant robots) and I'm playing the hell out of it. It was, unfortunately, never translated into English, which leaves me with the effort to translate the moonspeak to the best of my abilities.

Yeah, I've had that issue with some games. Most recently with Macross 30th.

On the plus side, reading comprehension of Japanese is slowly, slowly, slowly going up.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

OH MY ****ING GOD HOVER
THAT **** IS THE ****

Played the hell out of that game
Now I'm undergoing a nostalgia seizure. Thanks

Don't die now, but... http://hover.ie/#

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Don't die now, but... http://hover.ie/#

What... what have you donnnneeeee
HNNNNNGGGGGG
"No"

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
I got mech3 to work in ubuntu with WINE without any game play weirdness, but if I boot into Windows bad things happen.  Very fun game when the tanks stay on the ground!   

Tanks are almost always improved when they have the ability to fly, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Taking a heavy nostalgia trip by replaying Descent. Which is now available on Steam. Which is awesome.

I may even give Descent 3 another try. I wasn't too enamored with it years ago, but maybe with a fresh look...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:26:30 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Welp, playing Neutopia and The Legend of Zelda (the original)... holy crap, I think I've done more in a day than the rest of the time I've been playing those games.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Picked up Child of Light. It feels like a fairy tale turned into a game... and I mean that in a really good way. Loving it so far.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

I recently acquired the old Janes Fighters Anthology, after solving some initial huge frame rates leading to super speed gameplay I got it working. As a kid Janes ATF was a big part of my childhood and why I love fight sims so much so to have Fighters Anthology is huge for me, juggling uni and FA is getting hard at the moment. Too much excitement.  :D
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
"No"

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
A bit of an unorthodox answer... I just downloaded the UE4 shooter game tech demo (a very, very basic FPS with two levels) to ogle at the pretty pixels and actually found myself playing a couple bot matches without getting bored. It's quite slow compared to Epic's usual fare, though. Looking forward to the next UT!

Just got through replaying Descent 3 + Mercenary.

It was okay, I suppose. I still don't like most of the new weapons, although the Mass Driver owns all sorts of awesome. The Napalm Cannon is also pretty sweet, as are Frag Missiles.

The puzzles still bug me. A lot of time it is NOT ****ING OBVIOUS what you are supposed to do. Like, at one point, I had to trigger a terminal, then place a virus sample in it. Okay, that's logical so far. But it turns out, to actually upload the virus, you have to then trigger the terminal AGAIN. At no point does it indicate that this is the case, and I flew around that level for twenty minutes looking for other ways to proceed before trying that on a whim.

Oh well. Descent I and II will always have their special place in my heart, and they continue to be the excellent games I remember.

Maybe I'll get back into Pokemon now. I have a Platinum playthrough in progress, and I'm intrigued by Gens V and VI.
Also Einhander. Need to play through that fully. Awesome game is awesome.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Paperboy: I suck.

Another Metroid 2 Remake (v1.3): Ow frack, my hands.

Comanche Gold (yet freaking again to my chagrin because I can't bother to get EECH): the Sakhalin Island missions can go die in a fire.

Offline crizza

Space Engineer, quite funny :lol: