Author Topic: High Poly GTD Orion  (Read 118589 times)

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Wow, that looks tons better already.

I think original Orion was darker a little bit. Keep going :yes:. I can't wait to see the effects.
Maybe a little bit darker.  A lot of it may depend on how it looks when actually in space which is why I wasn't entirely sure about the hue when I mentioned it.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
More progress already? What am I a workaholic?

dat ass

One of two multipart turrets on the nuOrion
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh jeezus

I really want to have a hand in making the textures for this
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
it's amazing how much a little bit of color shading can already improve a model :)
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Absolutely beautiful. You're doing a great job here DahBlount and I can't really say anything else other than to keep going - you've pretty much got this handled.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Thanks!

I started moving the UVs into actual textures today, so you'll be able to see the difference soon enough. I also switched some of the materials around so as to more evenly distribute color.

This shows a subobject that has been entirely moved into a texture.

Yes I know most of the subobjects don't have materials applied, that's because I have a really weird work setup. D-don't judge me!

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Wow

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Looks great. I'm particularly loving the gold trim - there was always a hint of gold in the retail Orion textures that I noticed and I'm disappointed the other HTL Orion never picked up on that because I felt like it was one of the things that connected the Orion to the Arcadia.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
Looks great. I'm particularly loving the gold trim - there was always a hint of gold in the retail Orion textures that I noticed and I'm disappointed the other HTL Orion never picked up on that because I felt like it was one of the things that connected the Orion to the Arcadia.

You can blame Hades, he's continuously told me to texture it like the retail Orion. This, of course, means there are significantly less purple/red tints and the gold trim is being brought back in a more noticeable manner.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

It's looking awesome.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft

You can blame Hades, he's continuously told me to texture it like the retail Orion. This, of course, means there are significantly less purple/red tints and the gold trim is being brought back in a more noticeable manner.
Giving thanks to Hades creative direction.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's the boxiest ship I've seen so full of win up to this moment.

Keep up the nice work Dah :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I always thought the purple/blue was more hull color and the hints of red were from specific bits of equipment. IIRC there's a few radiator looking things on the retail Orion that are all reddish. I always just figured they were a bit burnt or something from constant usage.

Offline DahBlount

• Minecraft
The retail Orion textures have significantly less purple on them than the MVPs textures. The are some red tints on both suggesting rust/tarnish, and there are also some red lines (electrical cables?) on some of the textures as well.

<DahBlount> So
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> sure

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
DahBlount actually has the point. Retail Orion have less saturated hull platting and greebles texture. Current color scheme of new HTL Orion resembles retail model pretty well. I'm only not sure about yellow bits, but they can be turned into cool details in final texture.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
The retail Orion textures have significantly less purple on them than the MVPs textures. The are some red tints on both suggesting rust/tarnish, and there are also some red lines (electrical cables?) on some of the textures as well.

Yeah, pretty much.

Offline Vrets

I literally rose from the dead to say that I like this model.

Hey there  ;)
I just have a question regarding the materials:
Are you going to make unique- textures for the whole ship or are you going to use some tileable textures for it?
And please, keep on the excellent work so far  :yes:

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
since the topic's been bumpped anyway,  How is the recent PBR work going to affect this?
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Well, as it seems the work has been stopped so put my Orion and tried a bit around with the stock-textures:

I know it´s not the same quality like Hades´ model but if the quality is good enough, i could try to finish it for the game???