Author Topic: 4-05-2004 Build  (Read 7646 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
http://deepbluebettas.com/fs2/fs2_open_r.zip

Added features:  (these are both trivial changes)

-radar_reduce [float]

the "Infinity" range on the radar is by default 10,000,000 meters - this flag overrides it at sets it to the floating point argument.  This will come in handly when full Waypoint support is added post 3.7, but it is useful now for primative nav point support

Time compression boosted
The max time compression value is now 64x!  This is another thing that will come in handy for primative and then future full navpoint support

There are some changes and other bugfixes present - i think there may be some bugfixes in the OpenGL area but the others will have to weigh in on what they've commited
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Post-3.7?  Is that feature _that_ far away?

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
adding full waypoint support would be a code freeze violation - as i would be altering HUD, adding a new screen, adding some new internal functions that take control away from the player

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
We do have a sexp that orders ai control of the player ship.  Theoretically, it someone linked keys for the player to activate and deactivate this sexp in-mission, events could be lined to them to initiate waypoint orders on the ai-controled player-ship... in effect creating an autopilot... theoretically of course.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Trivial Psychic: i did that - that's simple support - i want to have full support as the sexps are a little unreliable and I want to have a map in .. all post 3.6 features

Offline Shaka

It's really nice to see how the communauty is active... maybe a little too much in fact... guys I'm lost with all these releases !!! :eek2:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Shaka
It's really nice to see how the communauty is active... maybe a little too much in fact... guys I'm lost with all these releases !!! :eek2:

These releases are all about bug-testing. You don't need to keep up to date just to play the game. :)

Download these releases only if you want to help find and report bugs or if they fix a particular bug you had.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

or if you want the latest of the latest in features....
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We aren't adding new features until 3.6 comes out.

well, with features i also mean playable memory loads,

i understand the confusion though, my bad.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It goes without saying though that you guys are doing a great job, keep it up - the bugs can't go on forever and it's worth it to make things hassle free later. Well done :yes:

Offline J3Vr6

Yeah, go get a lollipop, on me!
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline Shaka

Originally posted by karajorma

These releases are all about bug-testing. You don't need to keep up to date just to play the game. :)

Download these releases only if you want to help find and report bugs or if they fix a particular bug you had.

Gniiiiiiiiiii I know but for all release I try to play the entire to campaign to hunt some bug :lol:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Shaka
Gniiiiiiiiiii I know but for all release I try to play the entire to campaign to hunt some bug :lol:

That's pretty impressive. I admire your devotion to the SCP :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
This is strange...when was it added in that I have to put the -spec tag before starting the exe, or else it won't have specular lighting?
And none of the new effects I just put in are working...poo :(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 06:30:08 pm by 368 »

About a month ago IIRC.

It was decided that besides -htl, the eye candy should be off by default.

you'll need -spec -glow -jpgtga to get all the fun stuff working.

and -fps -allslev -FOV 0.39 are a good idea too.

This release works quite well! (Still didn't fix my bug, but what the hell)

-allslev? This does? And it wasn't in the launcher, IIRC.

It allows you to choose any level in the current campaign in the tech room if you've played the first mission before.

This might sound insane but, are we ever going to see the ability to change FSO settings INGAME? like, adjust FOV on-the-fly, or ambient light factors, or toggle specular, shinemaps, glowmaps, etc, etc...? ....so we dont have to change the flags and restart FSO every damn time we want to change something?