Author Topic: 20041106 build  (Read 18076 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
New build, with the most recent code in CVS.  Not much new here, but it was compiled with speech support and it includes a few bugfixes.  Same caveats about taylor's stuff as in the 20041102 thread.
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20041106-Goober5000.rar

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It is good that FRED's brightness problem was fixed. I will be able to test the build any deeper this afternoon.

[EDIT]It's already afternoon here. :D
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Urgent, I thing communication with the wingmates is busted.

I created a new pilot played 2 missions on easy
then created another one. Result is the same...

when you press "c" the ONLY option you have is to call the support ship to rearm.

The only thing different to a custom install is the Lightspeeds' latest maps (v11) and lights (v8). Also voice is enabled throughout (and works too!)

Can anyone confirm this?
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
If you can hold on for a few minutes, sure . . .
[EDIT]Can't confirm that. I can give orders to my squadmates.
But I discovered something: My ship tech database is quite weird: I can only see the Ulysses, the Erinyes from the Terrans, nothing from the Vasudans and almost all Shivans. However, in-game, all the ships work.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 10:06:46 am by 1079 »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

GT-K: in the first 2 or 3 missions, that's normal. Try using the -allslev tag and a mission from the techroom from later on in the campaign.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline wolfdog

Originally posted by GT-Keravnos

when you press "c" the ONLY option you have is to call the support ship to rearm.

The only thing different to a custom install is the Lightspeeds' latest maps (v11) and lights (v8). Also voice is enabled throughout (and works too!)

Can anyone confirm this?

if you' mean the first 2 missions of the main fs2 campaign.. yes I can confirm that, but for as far a I know, it's supposed to be like that.. in the first missions, you're not leading your wing, so you can't gibe orders.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I don't know if I remember correctly, but you can give a few type of orders to your wingmen. i think the 'Form up on my wing' or 'Cover me' is available from the beginning.

[EDIT] I am wrong, you cannot give orders to wingmen in the first two missions.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 10:25:45 am by 1079 »

Offline wolfdog

*creates new pilot and checks*

well, at least not in the first mission.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 10:29:20 am by 1508 »

Originally posted by kasperl
GT-K: in the first 2 or 3 missions, that's normal. Try using the -allslev tag and a mission from the techroom from later on in the campaign.

OOPS, I had forgotten about that, both the inability to order your wingmates, AND the -allslev tag. I think everything is a ok, except that foot in my mouth :D

and after that unfortunate "cry wolf" debacle for which I apologize :nervous:

I must say yet again "Thank you" to Taylor, Goober and the other coders for FINALLY eliminating one of the worst bugs in FS2, that most of you don't even know.

If you press the asterisk on the numpad, you will enter 3d person action where you see your fighter/bomber from the back, while it blows away the shivan threat. Up until now that mode was shaky to say the least with various problems none of which are really important right now because they are fixed. It works flawlessly, ebbs and flows like it should. I messed with it in approx. 10 missions the latest of which was clash of Titans 2.

Only on ONE single occasion did the bomber became "glued" to the center of the screen and even there, with a small dosage of afterburner it continued ebbing and flowing.

It was a personal request to Taylor (however many people might have wanted this), and thus is my personal "THANK YOU" note. I owe you a beer, or a beer case even. THANK YOU AGAIN.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 05:22:52 pm by 970 »
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Axem

I think I found a problem with one of the new sexps. It looks like disable-hud-except-messages doesn't disable the radar or the targeted ship data. But when I use both disable-hud (or Shift-O) with disable-hud-except-messages, the hud goes away, the messages still show, but the comm anis don't.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bah.  Mantis it.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
I am getting the same problems Trivial Psychic reported in this thread.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Yes, that problem is still present.  This started around the time that the default warp display was changed from the 3D effect (if the model is present) back to the 2D effect.  All new FRED builds have a checkbox in the mission specs editor to enable 3D warp for a mission, which replaces the checkbox to enable 2D warp that was present in older builds.  I've created a few missions which have the 3D warp enabled and tested them under these builds, and the effect worked perfectly without any missing bits, so this appears to be restricted to the 2D effect.  I've suggested that a -3D_warpeffect launcher flag be added so that we don't have to extract all the existing missions from the VPs and alter each one to get the 3D effect, which should also repair the effect problem, unless a player insists on using 2D.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
It does not make sense to include the 3D warp.pof as a default in the SCP VP files and then require a check-box in each and every mission to be activated in order to render it properly.  

This is a improper implementation of the backwards-compatibility principle.  It doesn't "keep things like the original FS2."  It breaks missions.

I strongly suggest that on this issue, a command-line option, and not a per mission checkbox, is the right way to go.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Oh and i thought this Missing Warp Sequence was a problem at my System..  but now it's clear.. it's a "bug".. i hope this will fix soon.. it's a litte annoying then 75% of all Warps are "Incomplete"

EDIT:

And the 3d Warp Effect looks better than the 2d Version ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 04:55:50 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Having only recently given this one a spin, I've discovered that if you alter the weapons loadout on a capital ship (i.e. fitting additional flak cannons on a Deimos' prow turrets [#s 21-24] ) a ship of the same type that appears later in the shiplist in the mission will have its armament supercede any previous instance of that ship class.  It was rather alarming when I had a corvette sitting lobbing Subach fire from its forward turrets start spraying the area with TerSlash fire when another corvette of its class entered.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

Can anyone confirm this?

You're not allowed to order your wingmen in the early missions.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by wolfdog

if you' mean the first 2 missions of the main fs2 campaign.. yes I can confirm that, but for as far a I know, it's supposed to be like that.. in the first missions, you're not leading your wing, so you can't gibe orders.

OOPS, I had forgotten about that, both the inability to order your wingmates, AND the -allslev tag. I think everything is a ok, except that foot in my mouth :D

and after that unfortunate "cry wolf" debacle for which I apologize :nervous:

See? Already clarified.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 03:57:59 pm by 1079 »

WHITE SQUARES:shaking:  there they are again. I know, we had that problem a few builds earlier, but now they are back. In FS2 Main campaign "the sixth wonder" e.g.  Right after the start of the mission you can see it directly in front of you. Does anybody have seen them, too?

btw sys specs are radeon9800/pro + cat4.4