Author Topic: 20050208 build - for Windows  (Read 11625 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
20050208 build - for Windows
I've also run into the freezing problem on the turkey-shoot mission of Derelict.

With command lines on:
- A Loki had done the explosion roll and was just about to blow up
- I was remote-viewing Tachyon wing from external view when the first pirate wing arrived
- I was remote-viewing the Haulian (I think), and I think the first set of pirates had arrived.

With command lines off:
- I got through most of the mission just fine, except Hercules fighters were invisible aside from engine glows; so when the last wing jumped in, the Haulian died. I rammed one of them twice, and the second time, on the rebound, FS2 closed.

Strangely enough it's the only mission I've run into it the freeze bug so far in Derelict.

Edit: Looks like it's caused by music (Didn't happen with -nomusic). I'll be testing w/o OGG music.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 11:07:00 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Edit: Looks like it's caused by music (Didn't happen with -nomusic). I'll be testing w/o OGG music.

May be why it's not hanging under Linux, no music.  I'll play with it more under Windows and see if I can find anything.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by redmenace
Has anyone noticed any problems with the Maxim as of late.

As in, it doesn't work anymore? :p Yes, I've noticed that too; I'm using taylor's build from Jan. 3, and it's in there.  It's particularly annoying on the one mission in the campaign where your default loadout is just Maxims...not having any primaries puts a real damper on your dogfighting abilities. :p

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Mongoose: Make sure you're not playing with mv_aseffects.

taylor: I tried another debugging route tonight and disabled the output window so I could get at the main thread directly. No luck. Apparently, it's stuck somewhere below multiple levels of NTDLL and Dsound.dll.
-C

Offline Fractux

edit - This was already reported  -- ignore this (i just need to read mantis more often that's all heh... )

Nothing to see here folks move along...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 11:16:36 pm by 1248 »
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?