Author Topic: 20050622 - BugFix build (probably last before 3.6.7)  (Read 19538 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
20050622 - BugFix build (probably last before 3.6.7)
Originally posted by redmenace
The open gl crash is registry related?

No, I think that one is related to the MAX_MEM_POINTERS thing.  That keeps track of allocated memory, as a leak detector, but appears to cause several strange errors when it runs out of slots used to keep track of used memory.  That code would only catch some of the possible leaks anyway which I why I prefer to just use Valgrind under Linux for leak detection.  It's considerably more advanced and at least 98% of the possible memory leaks would happen in both Windows and Linux.  The MAX_MEM_POINTERS thing would catch none of the bad memory leaks that I've seen in the code so far and only a few of the minor ones (with total leaks less than 1Meg).

The bmpman error is basically where a DDS image didn't load properly.  I assume this is a side affect of the MAX_MEM_POINTERS thing, though it may not be.  Another possibility is that it's just an image or loader problem but in that case it would happen every time (which it might, you didn't say).  The code used the load DDS images is the same for D3D and OGL so it's not really OGL specific and should have happened for D3D too under the same circumstances.