Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 5  (Read 42647 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 5
I have just noticed that unavailable missions are still unavailable. In pre-RC5 builds sometimes you get blank lines instead of them. Now  these lines are erased (so I thought there were no holes), but you still can't access them.

Example: Due to "Replay mission" bug, I cannot access "The Stars are Right" in my new Derelict pilot. In RC4 I got a blank line in its position, in RC5 its line doesn't appear.

Is it a bug? or is it done in this way by design?
The holes were a bug by itself, but merely a cosmetic one.  The holes were created by missions which shouldn't be shown because they weren't previously completed, but they would still count in the addition to determine where the next entry should go.  This was as issue for banch or alternate version missions since there would be a blank line for them.  If the mission isn't marked as completed then it shouldn't show up, but the bug caused there to be a blank line.

So, the "replay mission" bug is causing an issue for you where the mission is unavailable, but the blank line thing was a different bug and only related to it in a cosmetic sense.

I am having a problem where my Alt+Pause doesn't work in the Freespace 2 main campaign, not sure if this is a bug or not or if there is another reason, i dont' play the main campaign very much.
Works-For-Me.

Offline Porthos

• www.clan-zt.com
I am having a weird problem with this, and other builds (Both CVS and This) after the 20060702 CVS build. The player ship's shields do not recharge after taking hits, they just remain damaged after a battle, and when they go down, they stay down.

Anybody else have anything like this happening? I am using Lightspeed's Weaponpack but, I doubt that would really matter. I have 3.6.8 Zeta
Holy walleye, Batman!!!

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
The problem with shields will be fixed in the next build (it's fixed in CVS now).

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I just figured out that in the RC5 build the mantis bug  #0000853 has come back. Additionally what I posted back then, I can't also play briefing and debriefing wavs anymore. You might want to reopen that mantis bug then again :) (if I'm not the only one with that problem)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Kaine

can anyone confirm if Speech Recognition is working again? i would assume if it still wasnt it wouldn't be in the build. I'd download it and find out myself, but by the sounds of it i'm better off sticking to RC4 for the moment.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
can anyone confirm if Speech Recognition is working again? i would assume if it still wasnt it wouldn't be in the build. I'd download it and find out myself, but by the sounds of it i'm better off sticking to RC4 for the moment.

Read the first post, dude...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 02:39:30 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
For some reason the sound is not working when I launch the game but in RC4 everything worked just fine.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
For some reason the sound is not working when I launch the game but in RC4 everything worked just fine.
Run a debug build and post the fs.log file somewhere that I can look at it.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Here.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25681382/fs.log.html
Make sure that you have OpenAL 1.1 installed, you should have gotten a message box which said as much.  It can be download from here.  If you have already installed OpenAL 1.1, and have an NVIDIA motherboard, then be sure to (re)move nvopenal.dll from your c:\windows\system32 directory as it will force the OpenAL version to be 1.0.

Offline neoterran

Here.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25681382/fs.log.html
Make sure that you have OpenAL 1.1 installed, you should have gotten a message box which said as much.  It can be download from here.  If you have already installed OpenAL 1.1, and have an NVIDIA motherboard, then be sure to (re)move nvopenal.dll from your c:\windows\system32 directory as it will force the OpenAL version to be 1.0.

Are you sure ? I have that file in my system32, and after I installed OpenAL 1.1, it's still there, but there is no warning message and freespace open runs normally...
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Thanks, now its working just fine, is there any command line to show all ships in the techroom and all levels (since -allslev is not recoginsed anymore)?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Thanks, now its working just fine, is there any command line to show all ships in the techroom and all levels (since -allslev is not recoginsed anymore)?

Read the thread.  It's mentioned in the sixth post on the first page.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Thnaks again, but is there nothing for the techroom?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Are you sure ? I have that file in my system32, and after I installed OpenAL 1.1, it's still there, but there is no warning message and freespace open runs normally...
I've heard that it can, but techically nvopenal.dll should be completely ignored by the OpenAL 1.1 drivers.  NVIDIA abandoned the extra interface, at least temporarily, and that NVIDIA specific lib shouldn't be used except by OpenAL 1.0 (which some software may actually use if they don't use the system version of the dlls).  If you have OpenAL 1.1 installed and it works fine, regardless of nvopenal.dll, then don't worry about it.  If it happens to cause a problem (it may, but shouldn't) then remove it.

Thnaks again, but is there nothing for the techroom?
Same key-combo works everywhere (simroom, techroom, and where ever else we later decide to need/use it).

Offline neoterran

I thinkt the absolute biggest problem in the recent builds is the way that ships look when they're warping in. They now start showing their ass about halfway through coming through the warp animation which looks totally unrealistic and ruins the effect. That should be a #1 priority to fix - it happens on all ships larger than fighters (crusier class and up)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I thinkt the absolute biggest problem in the recent builds is the way that ships look when they're warping in. They now start showing their ass about halfway through coming through the warp animation which looks totally unrealistic and ruins the effect. That should be a #1 priority to fix - it happens on all ships larger than fighters (crusier class and up)
I've actually been working on this the past couple of days.  The problem is that it's only some of the hi-poly models, and retail models work perfectly for me.  That would indicate a model problem, since all of the problem models appear to have an incorrect radius specified, but I can't seem to replicate a working effect through code/data manipution.  I was able to fix it by adding some time to the timestamp for moving past the second stage warp (where it removes the clip plane), but that could be considered a model bug.  So, is it a code bug, or is it data related?  That's pretty much where I'm at right now and I can't decide which option to focus on.  If you, or anyone else for that matter, can figure out exactly which RC (or other) build this started with then that would be a big help.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Heh. Recursive bug hunt, eh? Count me in on it.

*Edit: Using "Rebels and Renegades" as a template, the GVCv Asar (GVCv Sobek) clips the arse visible on warp-in on all RC builds. Testing redmenace standard builds since 20060601 now.

*Edit 2: Same behaviour all of the way back to 20060601 Redmenace Standard builds. I made sure to make a new pilot for every build and I'm running 3.6.8z's with taylors 20060710 updates.

C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_r.exe -mod mediavps -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -no_vsync -cache_bitmaps -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload -disable_fbo -alpha_env -fps  -ambient_factor 0.75 -spec_exp 11 -spec_point 0.6 -spec_tube 0.4 -spec_static 0.8

I also noticed in testing that _some_ of the rm cvs builds (but not all and not greater than 50%) managed slightly higer FPS than the RC's. Namely 20060615 and 20060712, though 20060712 seem's a little washed out in terms of overall lighting (seems to disregard the -ambient_factor that was set.) I can tolerate that though, as shields now recharge.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 04:38:08 am by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I also noticed in testing that _some_ of the rm cvs builds (but not all and not greater than 50%) managed slightly higer FPS than the RC's. Namely 20060615 and 20060712, though 20060712 seem's a little washed out in terms of overall lighting (seems to disregard the -ambient_factor that was set.) I can tolerate that though, as shields now recharge.
For a slightly-better-than-RC5 build, grab http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/multi_test.rar.  It's RC5 plus various fixes that aren't in CVS yet, plus fixes that are (like the shield fix).

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Grabbed. Grokking now.

edit: HOLY CRAP! Slightly? Only slightly? I'd hate to see what a complete overhaul would do.....er wait, that is what you're doing, n/m.....

This blows anything else away FPS wise. The only time any staggers occur are during the first time use of beams firing or shockwaves or if it still hasn't either created the IBX or copied it out of the vp yet. And the "stagger" is less significant of an FPS drop than before and it recovers from it FAR quicker.

And YAY! I can see Pharos Becons now! RC5 and 20060712 with the mp-710's for some reason were not displaying those.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 07:59:50 am by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys