Author Topic: 2007-10-22 stable branch (Xt version)  (Read 20965 times)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: 2007-10-22 stable branch (Xt version)
Will normal maps work properly if I use the patch media vps?
Yep.  The only thing that they don't work with (ATM) is DaBrain's beta VPs, since those change filenames.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Though judicious extraction and renaming will make it work just fine. :-)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Particle spew doesn't seem to work.

Using this build with Blue Planet mod, pilot file seems to have become corrupted after completing a number of missions.  Game now crashes back to windows when I select my pilot and I need to create a new pilot to get to the main menu and into the game.  Will switch to the 10-28 build and see if it happens again.
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Using this build with Blue Planet mod, pilot file seems to have become corrupted after completing a number of missions.  Game now crashes back to windows when I select my pilot and I need to create a new pilot to get to the main menu and into the game.  Will switch to the 10-28 build and see if it happens again.

In fact, see my "corruption" procedure at the begining of this thread. It should be fully solved in 10-28. At least I haven't been able to reproduce it anymore.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

In fact, see my "corruption" procedure at the begining of this thread. It should be fully solved in 10-28. At least I haven't been able to reproduce it anymore.

Yeah, I had been following this thread since I downloaded this build and figured I had experienced the same bug you had -- and then I read the 10-28 thread and decided to give that a go.  A shame, too, I'd just gotten back to Ace status after experiencing a pilot corruption while playing Derelict a little while ago.
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb