Author Topic: missing Mods  (Read 1850 times)

Offline noretoc

I feel like I am missing something, but I don't know what it is.  I am using WXLauncher and Win 10.  I downloaded a new mod (friend and foes) and extracted the directory to my freespace3 folder.  So the mod .vp the the mod.ini are in its own sub-folder in freespace3 (With a lot of other mod folders that came with the install).  When I load wxlauncher though, and go to the mods tab, I only see a few options there and friend and foes is not one of them.  In fact only about half of the mods are showing up.  I tried downloading another mod (sd2017) and the same thing.  It does not show in the list on the mods tab.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  When I used the old launcher this didn't happen as you had to browse the mod folders, but with win 10 I have issues with the old launcher.   only wxlauncher works for me.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Which version of wxLauncher are you using? Or where did you download it from?

Have you checked that the "game root folder" (Basic Settings Tab) is pointing to the same place you extracted the mods into?

Could you post screenshots of your freespace 2 folder and the mods & Basic settings tab from wxLauncher?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I made some screenshots for you so maybe they help more.

The FS2 folder should look like Attachment A: 1)
The Friends and Foes folder should look like Attachment A: 2)
The bpcomplete folder should look like Attachment B: 3)
The mediavps folder sould look like Attachment B: 4)
The wxlauncher should look like Attachment C: 5) and 6)

It's important that you download bpcomplete and mediavps as well since my Friends and Foes mod needs them to work, too.

I hope this helps :)

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline noretoc

Thank you both!  My WXLauncer was pointing to the retail folder of freespace2 not the SCP folder.  (Strange as some mods were showing).  I can see all of them now, appreciate the help!!!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Thank you both!  My WXLauncer was pointing to the retail folder of freespace2 not the SCP folder.  (Strange as some mods were showing).  I can see all of them now, appreciate the help!!!

Sounds like you have some mods installed to fs2 retail??