Author Topic: 17th May CVS Build  (Read 34061 times)

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
I know some are really annoyed by the bug, but you should realize that:

1. These guys don't get paid for what they do. SCP is created by fans of the game just like you and me out of their enthusiasm.

2. With the addition of new features (such as OGL env mapping), it's bound to have new bugs. Sometimes it's not even a bug in the particular build but rather a specific hardware/driver combo. Whatever it is, I highly doubt that it could be intentional.

Now back to the topic. Another member (Wanderer) has experienced the same bug and he's using a *relatively* similar graphic card (Radeon 9600) as I am. Given the bad record of ATI's OGL driver and taylor's comment about this being a pretty old glitch, I would say it's probably related to the R300/350 line of graphic cards and the catalyst driver. Perhaps all those that are experiencing the problem should post their hardware spec and relevant driver versions so we could at least have a good sense about who are affected.

I might try some OGL driver switch in the future and see if there's a particular version that cures this problem.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
this build nor taylors nightly from 13th may work for me. no error message, nothing, they simply dont start.

openal is the most recent and everything is more or less up to date. i think. the voice recognition build works on the other hand.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The voice recognition build is ancient. Try the 9th May build so we can establish whether or not it was the OpenAL/Envmapping changes that are the cause of your problems.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
link? i cant be bothered to look for it right now.

i think it has something to do with openal, as when running the debug build, the log stops at "Initializing OpenAl..."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's not hard to find. It's about 2-3 threads down from this one.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
it works. the 9th may build. anything after doesnt work.

env mapping is off.

altough, where is the defaut cube map for env mapping? it isnt in the file with taylors 13th may nightly build as expected and advertised...
i've also tried this build without anything activated and with only the mv_core.vp, it still doesnt work.

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
Passed cmdline options:
  -cache_bitmaps 
  -jpgtga 
  -mipmap 
  -glow 
  -spec 
  -dualscanlines 
  -orbradar 
  -rearm_timer 
  -targetinfo 
  -3dwarp 
  -ship_choice_3d 
  -mod mod\derelict, ,Media_VPs
  -fps 
Building file index...
Searching root 'E:\freespace2\mod\derelict\'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mod\derelict\DerelictSCP.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mod\derelict\DerelictSCP1.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mod\derelict\DerelictSCP2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mod\derelict\DerelictSCP3.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mod\derelict\DerelictSCP4.vp'
Searching root 'E:\freespace2\ \'
Searching root 'E:\freespace2\Media_VPs\'
Searching root 'E:\freespace2\'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_adveffects.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_amodelspatch.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_amodelspatch2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_core.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_effects.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_models.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_music.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\mv_textures.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\root_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\smarty_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\sparky_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\stu_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\tango1_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\tango2_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\tango3_fs2.vp'
Searching root pack 'E:\freespace2\warble_fs2.vp'
Searching root 'h:\'
Found 27 roots and 12058 files.
Setting language to English
soundcard = EAX
Initializing OpenAL...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just wanted to say that this is the first CVS build I've used since one all the way back from February, and it runs as smooth as silk.  I'm still trying to get over how cool that env mapping looks on cockpits. :)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board

env mapping is off.

altough, where is the defaut cube map for env mapping? it isnt in the file with taylors 13th may nightly build as expected and advertised...
i've also tried this build without anything activated and with only the mv_core.vp, it still doesnt work.

Looks like an OpenAL problem to me... Try updating your OpenAL version.

Edit: Does your soundcard/soundcard driver support OpenAL? Try updating your drivers. If crashes after initializing OpenAL, this might just be the problem.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline ShivanSpS

Theres is some problem which this and Kara 4/25 and 4/29 builds, I didnt tested the 9th.

The problem is the loadout.... there is some key missed weapons in some missions in the campaing, for example, No Stilettos II in the enif station mission... and No Harppons in the Repulse mission.

I retry which the 3/23 build and that missiles are there....

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Try the 9th. Both the 25\04 and 29\04 builds included early versions of my team loadout changes and that could easily cause problems.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

env mapping is off.

Looks like an OpenAL problem to me... Try updating your OpenAL version.

Edit: Does your soundcard/soundcard driver support OpenAL? Try updating your drivers. If crashes after initializing OpenAL, this might just be the problem.
i've tried updating all the drivers, still doesnt work even tho all the most recent drivers were installed.

the soundcard is ManLi CMI8738, and is actually doing the EAX processing. i've got an idea how to try to run it. i'll try changing the sound vendor to directsound instead of EAX.

[edit]nay, doesnt work... :(

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
the soundcard is ManLi CMI8738, and is actually doing the EAX processing. i've got an idea how to try to run it. i'll try changing the sound vendor to directsound instead of EAX.

[edit]nay, doesnt work... :(
'Cause it has no affect when OpenAL is used.  If the build is for OpenAL then it's OpenAL, period.  There is no way to make it do anything else.  Either don't use it with sound (with -nosound in the Launcher) or wait for the next build.  I've made some changes that should either give a better clue of what the problem is, or fix it entirely.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken