Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 7  (Read 96715 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 7
That is related to RC7. Redownload. The link has been updated.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
Either the link hasn't been updated, or the bug still exists - I'm still getting the problem.

When I extracted the rar I did note that the date/times were identical to the files I had already ?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Can you describe the process in more detail. I tried recreating it and everything worked just fine.

Why can't you just go to the campaign room and select a new campaign?

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
OK, I fire up the game as normal from the launcher with no mods set
Select my main player
Go to the barracks because it's loaded a different player
Select my main player and it pops a message about not being able to find the active campaign.

From that point the only way out of the screen is to pick a different pilot... 

I've restored a backup pilot and all is well again, so it's probably a corrupted pilot file issue

I've just downloaded the rar, containing files dated 27-8 1.37pm.  I'm still getting most of these problems (no mve intro, campaign problems etc).

Offline CaptJosh

Is anyone seeing an issue with the ships showing up with missing parts, like Hercs with missing canopies and plating on their engine pods? Note, this is with 3.6.8 zeta VPs and patches in place.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've just downloaded the rar, containing files dated 27-8 1.37pm.  I'm still getting most of these problems (no mve intro, campaign problems etc).
I think THIS was the updated RC7 build, but Taylor forgot to update the link.  No FRED in it though.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
- Linux - x86, x86_64 (just needs a quick install test)

Might be a slightly obtuse question, but how well does windows build run on x64? If we don't know, we'll find out in a few days when I get mine up and running, but I thought I'd ask ahead of time to pre-determine any snags. (already aware of the potential dual-core issues.)

Trivial: I think that's a testing build for RC7-1 not the actual. While the aformentioned "3" are indeed fixed in it, there are other things that either were not or got un-fixed. willrobinson is a volatile environment and should be used with extreme caution. (as anyone who has ever watched the original "Lost in Space" is aware of!)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

That build is from 30-8, so it's newer than the one in the OP at the moment.  So long as campaigns work and there's voice synth, I'll use it until everything settles down a bit.  Thanks, TP.

Online taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
rc7-1 is the same as the normal RC7 (or should be at this point since I had updated RC7) except that it has the fix to allow OpenGL to work with a color depth higher than the desktop depth, and a change to how the is-event-true/is-event-true-delay sexps work.  The sexp change is only a UI related change though, so it's not going to actually work different at a technical level.  Other than that it's the exact same build as what RC7 is, but since the sexp change is experimental, it needs specific testing and is why I haven't updated the RC7 build with the rc7-1 binaries yet.

You can use it or not, doesn't really matter. :)

Might be a slightly obtuse question, but how well does windows build run on x64? If we don't know, we'll find out in a few days when I get mine up and running, but I thought I'd ask ahead of time to pre-determine any snags. (already aware of the potential dual-core issues.)
The 32-bit version should work fine on Win64, but actually making a 64-bit version for Windows is completely untested.  The code should be there for it to work, but I can neither build for nor test on Win64 so I haven't verified that it all works.  The 64-bit Linux version works perfectly though.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm re-uploading the RC7 build.  I just downloaded it again and it does appear the older set of binaries (for me at least).  I know I uploaded it, but I guess I packed up the wrong set of exes or something.  The new one should have FRED dates of the 28th, and FS2 dates should be the 29th.  Other than the sexp change in rc7-1, the updated RC7 should have all of the other fixes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:58:46 am by taylor »

I'm getting quite irked in that I still get those black boxes around weapons, and no engine glows! Yes, I have the mp-710 files, yes, I have the Zeta Medias. It only happens in retail, nukemod, and a one or two other campaigns. So, why am I getting these black boxes?  :confused:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Online taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
So, why am I getting these black boxes?
Run a debug build, start the game until you get the pilot select screen, press ESC to exit, post a link (or attach) your fs.log file.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Sorry... whenever the Linux build is ready twill be nice to know... the unstable has a lot of issues right now
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:47:37 pm by Mars »

Taylor, the RC7-1 that TP posted still fails the intro, but it works fine with campaigns.  Wierd.  Anyway, thanks for reuploading. :)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I'm trying to find mods (other than transcend) that have movies. The transcend one I think I need to re-aquire as the splitter-codec-whatever is popping up errors even when I just try to click once on it. *shrug* I'm flat lining here soon anyway.
However, I do have both MVE and self-created xvid AVI's of the movies and both play fine in FS2 campaigns and FSPort.

I did notice only one anomoly with the rc7-1.rar and that is FSPort missions declaring objectives as necessary out of sequence to when they should be. Running FSPort as a standalone (which was a pain in the arse to set up, btw) did not exhibit this problem, nor did any other RC build that I'm aware of.

and a change to how the is-event-true/is-event-true-delay sexps work.  The sexp change is only a UI related change though, so it's not going to actually work different at a technical level.

To which, given the above mention mission issues, I have to ask: are you sure about that? I'll try loading the FSPort missions into FS2 as single player missions and see what it says, but unless this is a change to correct flawed behaviour that was allowing things to happen in a way that they shouldn't be (sorta like the texture handling code was changed to reflect "proper" behaviour thus necessitating the 710-mv patches), I find it a strange co-incidence that you change sexp handling regarding a retail sexp and now retail created missions have a problem with handling said sexp. (But sadly, the behaviour does not produce itself with the FS2 missions.......I'll try and see what it does with the default retail missions for FS2, which hypothetically shouldn't be all that different from what we have now.)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Online taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
and a change to how the is-event-true/is-event-true-delay sexps work.  The sexp change is only a UI related change though, so it's not going to actually work different at a technical level.

To which, given the above mention mission issues, I have to ask: are you sure about that?
Yep, sure.  It's actually doing what it's supposed to do, but I'm not sure if it's a FSPort issue or not.  It's something that I'm looking in to, and need Goober's advice on.

The change only affects UI stuff, not how the sexp works.  The problem you are seeing is that previously, the objective would only be shown after it was completed.  The bug fix allows it to be shown when it's added as an objective, so you can see that it's something you need to do, rather than only as something that you have done.

This is just something that we are testing though, and why the build in question is considered "willrobinson".

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ah. You've fixed the Directives don't work with is-event-true-delay bug? Cool. I've had that one on my list for a while but never got around to looking at it. :)

Offline ShivanSpS

The RC7 does NOT fail the Intro.

Are the FS2 cutscenes supposed to be in .vps or something now?  I had a quick swing through my filesystem, and the FS2 .mves are fricking gone.  This may explain the 'no FS2 intro' problem I'm getting.  :)

Confirmed, it works fine.  What the hell happened to my .mves?  I've got the FS2 disks, so ever since .mves became playable I've just used the original cutscenes... so why would they disappear?  :confused:

Offline CaptJosh

They are not nor were they ever supposed to be in the VPs. the movies have always been individual files. Try just dropping your FS2 Disc 2 into your drive and running FS2 Open. It'll play em right of the disc. Same for the FS1 movies in FS Port.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.