Author Topic: Scoring Changes Build Part II  (Read 3000 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Scoring Changes Build Part II
Been working my way through FUBAR's thread here (paying special attention to anything Axem has also asked me for). I've not done any testing yet, I probably will tomorrow. If you're looking for a general build to play with, use Taylor's instead. This one is for people who were asking for those features.

http://www.freespacefaq.com/Misc-Downloads/Builds/Scoring_Changes_2.7z

Here's what's been added.

1) Assist Scoring - By default FS2 gives 50% of the kill value to any ship on the same team as the ship who scored the kill on a capship. This value can now be set in the AI_Profile like this

Code: [Select]
;; in TvT and Coop missions all teammates will be granted this
;; percentage of the capships score when someone scores a kill
$Percentage Awarded For Capship Assist: 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5

In addition each ship can now also be given an assist percentage in FRED. So you can now say that all teammates will gain 35% of the kill score simply for being around when an enemy capship is killed but you also gain an extra 15% if you assisted with the death of the capship.    

2) Variable Scoring based on damage

$score kills based on damage caused: NO
$score assists based on damage caused: NO

When set to YES the score awarded for a kill or assist is equal to the score multiplied by the damage you did and the standard difficulty scaling. So if you did 59% of the damage to a ship worth 100 points (on medium) you'll get 59 points. A friend who got an assist with 25% will get 25 points. Do not use this for kills only without editing the $Percentage Awarded For Capship Assist or you'll find that on average you get more points for an assist than a kill. :D

3)  Change-player-score SEXP.

This allows you to directly add or subtract from the players score without needing to faff about with event/goal scores.

4) TvT on Insane

Fixed. You can now play TvT on any skill level you please. I never did understand why this was limited anyway!

5) Event Scoring in multi

It should work now. It's currently set to simply divide points between the number of players on that team connected when the event triggers. As far as I know there is no reason why this can't be a negative value. You activate it by adding this to your ai_profile

;; if set, players (rather than just their team) can gain score from
;; events in multiplayer
$allow event and goal scoring in multiplayer: YES

6) Team Killing changes.

If you set the No Traitor flag (or use the SEXP) then you can TK as much as you like without losing score.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]