Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237773 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: world protection, I'm not sure what the status of it is right around spawn, but last time I was there I noted there were enough nearby dark areas for all sorts of mobs to get in my grill at night, yet I wasn't permitted to place down any extra torches.  If we're not allowed to do anything there, having someone who is able throw down some extra light would be welcome.

It looks like the server's down since yesterday:

"java.net.connectexception: Connection timed out: no further information"

Perhaps also a good time to see if the server's ready for the newest update?

In exploring and going on little adventures I was amused to find hints of other player activity long ago, such as on a mountain on the old edge of the world or an already looted pyramid with sign and all. I suppose others moved since then but it's nice to still see what others did and made back then. Plenty to still visit and discover over time.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Hey, feeling minecrafty again....looks like I need to be whitelisted. hunternclark
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:37:05 am by Venicius »

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It looks like the server's down since yesterday:

"java.net.connectexception: Connection timed out: no further information"

Perhaps also a good time to see if the server's ready for the newest update?

In exploring and going on little adventures I was amused to find hints of other player activity long ago, such as on a mountain on the old edge of the world or an already looted pyramid with sign and all. I suppose others moved since then but it's nice to still see what others did and made back then. Plenty to still visit and discover over time.

Well then, I got got better just in time then...

Server was responding fine, but restarted anyway.

Hey, feeling minecrafty again....looks like I need to be whitelisted. hunternclark

Done.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
ok thanks!

Wait...says I'm not white listed. Is there a different list for the hardlight survival server at 158.69.104.52:25564?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:06:16 pm by Venicius »

Well then, I got got better just in time then...

Server was responding fine, but restarted anyway.

Done.

Thanks for the timely response, good to hear you've gotten better, never fun being ill of course.
I was only just now able to test but I'm still hit with the same error. Not quite sure what the cause is, I haven't made any changes to the game or computer settings that could've triggered it. I've also checked this on all devices which I've played on the server with within the past weeks and they all cough up the same error.

On the new version, turns out 1.12.2 is just a bug fix, so no need for updating to that version. The upcoming 1.13 might be an actual content patch.
On that note, I tried that new version just in case but still exact same error.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 10:20:11 am by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's been forever since I've fired up the game, but it looks like the whitelist booted me too.  Name should be PD_Top_Gun.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Guess the whitelist got reset, since I got delisted as well. IGN is still IronBeer.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

My own internet issues got resolved but now I also join the others in not being Whitelisted. I hope Kyad has time this weekend to look into it.

-----------------

- George Orwell

Unrelated to the server:

My account got hacked. I recovered it, but the dirty hacker changed my in-game name, and Mojang won't let you change it twice within 30 days. Annoying.

PSA: Make sure your passwords are strong! Or at least not guessable by going through the dictionary...

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

EDIT 1: Should be online now at new address, and playable. Still on 1.10 though.

Oooooooooooooaky. Been a while. Things. I'm real sorry guys new EMR rollout to a 16k comp hospital is NOT fun.

1) No server is not dead, its copied and moved because my server rack is up! Copying the VMDKs to my server box now, then a quick config check to be sure it's on the right port, and then fire it up. I should be able to update it to the newest version as soon as I'm back from my workout, so within 8 hours of now.

2) New IP will be KyadGames.asuscomm.com:25564. Yes this is personal hosted. No you don't need to worry about impacting the network. I'll add a nice pic to the bottom or something, but YES, it is on a RAID array and backed up, because I'm not a pleb. Need someone to edit that OP.

3) Man you guys don't like hitting people up on steam if there's problems. I know I got at least a couple of ya on there.

4) I'll be attempting to upload all copies of the HLP server(s) and providing download links. This one will be a while, as those are some big files.

5) Backlog. Lets do this!

ok thanks!

Wait...says I'm not white listed. Is there a different list for the hardlight survival server at 158.69.104.52:25564?
It's been forever since I've fired up the game, but it looks like the whitelist booted me too.  Name should be PD_Top_Gun.
Guess the whitelist got reset, since I got delisted as well. IGN is still IronBeer.
My own internet issues got resolved but now I also join the others in not being Whitelisted. I hope Kyad has time this weekend to look into it.

Whitelist is now down. Honestly don't know.

PMs: Gimme a min.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:54:20 pm by KyadCK »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
OP edited.  Not sure what (if any) of the older info applies, so I left that alone.  Thanks for the new home! :yes:

Thanks for re-hosting! I need to log on sometime and at least video tape my place for posterity haha not that it ever got finished.  Don't know if I could ever feasibly finish it. Built too big and lately just been digging a hole into the ground for fun.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Hey, got a big building project and was hoping I could cheat and get the creative mode turned on for me. Thanks!

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Server IP: 67.184.174.97:25564

Sorry, router upgrade leads to actual domain once DNS propagates, but in the mean time the old DDNS isnt online, sooooooooooooooooooo yup.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Server IP: KG2Sys.com:25564

Firewall is done,DNS propagated, etc.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
OP edited.  Someone force my ass to start playing again!

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Do it, you know you need to feed the building addiction. Give into the boxy voxel side of the force!

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Whatever happened to the Fenris that was being built?

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
Well, I've actually been on the server but it was super quiet.  So... If I can come back I hope you'll be on at the same-ish time.
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula