Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 276376 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
They buffed Cap XP last patch but apparently not for Zone?
Did they? I didn't notice getting any reasonable amount of XP in the last few games where I played DD and capped stuff - then died anyway without hitting a single torpedo. Curse those speedboat BBs that can evade my spread even when fired from 2 km distance.

It seems odd that no one went into the big circle. Usually people seem to like going into it...

Reddit Article since I can't be arsed to shift through the forum and patch notes.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You wouldn't find patch notes on the forum anyways. They don't usually post them there.

If this makes you think that their communication is very bad, it indicates only that you are still sane.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
She's a Brick... House

Took her out for the first time, initial salvo blew up an Omaha.  Tasty.

Terrible turret rotation with meh range, still the guns are accurate and punchy with nice flat trajectories.  Between the pokey speed and anemic range you need to plan your route but once you get into the fight she can nab the citadels, just don't expect to quickly reengage on a new vector with those slow ass turrets.  Luckily her secondary guns are reliable and they all shoot HE, with the whim of RNGesus they can punish things up close while the Jack Tars hand crank the main guns around.  Dependable AA and impressive maneuverability combine to foil a surprising number of torpedo attacks.  The crown jewel though is the CBT era Damage Control Party, her obscene HP recovery means with careful application she has a lot of endurance that isn't obvious from her basic stats.  All in all while I still wished they they offered the Tone, Warspite isn't a bad consolation prize. 

A few matches with her and Kongo and I managed to wrap up the Clear the Way BB mission for much loot and profit.  Now I just need to find some CV drivers to feed my cruisers a 100 planes, given the rate I see carriers lately that'll be a streach goal :P

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Thats the one, if you run the tech tree mod you can actually look at it in port.  Because they showed it off in the Dev Diary the rumor mill was thinking Soon tm but who knows.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Looks like an Izumo class disaster to me.
Ask me how much I'm enjoying the Izumo  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If the capabilities posted on warship stats site are accurate "on paper" Tone seems like she should be competitive.  None of the Tier VII & VIII IJN Cruisers in 203mm config flat out outstrip her in all respects.  She looks to be really tough for a cruiser, which is historically accurate since the designers were able to concentrate her armor layout due to the gun positioning.  Her AA is very good and her main battery has tight dispersion, good rate of fire, burn capability, and rotation.  Atago and Myōkō sometimes have to mask a battery anyway to protect the citadel so four turrets isn't the end of the world.  It will really come down to how awkward her gun arrangement is to use in practice.  If the guns are not an absolute pain in the ass to use I think Tone will be fun and seeded at VII she won't be getting sucked up into Tier X battles like Atago

Anyway a wild Group I Special Type Destroyer appears! 

A step away from Milady Kagerō and an absolutely lovely Tin Can in her own right.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Looks like an Izumo class disaster to me.
Ask me how much I'm enjoying the Izumo  :p

Izumo is a fundamentally bad design, honestly. Tone was not; never had a combat opportunity to shine, but she was at least as capable as any of her sisters in the Japanese heavy cruiser stable, and definitely the best of them if they're compared as-built.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Okay Spite, Signal Close Action! Tis Glory we Steer:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So I tried out the rank battles, I kinda wanted the Kure Naval Base flag and it seemed like a fast way to make credits and lots of signal flag loot.  Started off with the Nürnberg, had two high damage battles but in the end she proved too fragile for the necessary carry and without a solid HE round she couldn't cut it when I was left trying to whittle down Tier VI BBs with AP.  So screw that, pulled out the Spite and seven matches and some high calibers later made it to rank XIV and the Kure flag I wanted.  Warspite is pretty adept at this mode, the maps are typically small enough she doesn't get outranged, she can reliably wipe +90% of the hp off every cruiser she faces in one salvo save Cleveland, she can absolutely tackle New Mex and Fuso on equal terms and that CBT repair party just keeps your carry pants belted on tight. 

Should be a cake walk to Rank X at which point I will need to look at whether I want to venture beyond with Atago or Tirpitz, I have a Fubuki but much to my chagrin she and I have been having a difficult time getting reacquainted.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The most painful thing ive done in wows

Not sure if I wanna go through this again next season.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Nice one Spoon!

I managed to snag second place in the NA Forum design a CA or DD contest.  Won an Impy Nick, a little prem time and some flags, not to shabby.  The NA team are thinking about making more of these so I guess I'll need to brush up on the art skills.

Mostly been getting reps in the Atago, I want to pull her stats up to around Myoko's level.  Like all IJN CAs she just excels at slamming 203mm salvos into broadside exposing cruisers for maximum citadels and profit.  I also bought Yorck on sale and but I think I should have saved the credits and just free XP'd to Hipper.

Offline Gray

York ain't a bad ship, she's rather slow with thin armour and an atrocious turret rotation time, but she packs a hell of a punch.
Playing her as a light BB instead as a CA, helps in getting used to her ( well, it worked for me).

She eats other Cruisers for breakfast and poses quite a threat to BBs of the same or lower Tiers.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The rotation I can mitigate for the most part, but the shell trajectory and velocity is absolute pants.  Its the same problem as post CBT Cleveland, I can send the shells faster via post and save myself from needing to file a flight plan with the FAA.

It's a nice looking boat and I will still give it a fair shake but unless it suddenly clicks then it isn't going to be a keeper.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Its the same problem as post CBT Cleveland, I can send the shells faster via post and save myself from needing to file a flight plan with the FAA.
  :lol:

So we had a bit of fun with two very fat ships and a umikaze
Watch it drown
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Axem

Admins, pls ban that sick flith

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I think some of those shots would be great posting fodder the next time I see a "I wanna Submawhine in WoWs" thread.

Anyway there was a Clearing the Way mission on NA requiring you grab 1000 ribbons...

Light Cruisers, Roll Out!

After a bunch of matches with Murmansk and the König i was pretty close and decided to take the Cleveland out even though her arcs have been giving me fits.

Who needs to spam HE? AP always worked in CBT:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Eighteen battles in and made it to Rank X, I'm sad to give up wrecking things with Warspite, she has been an absolute champ.  I'll have to think on whether to continue or not, this run gave me the credits and XP to reclaim the Nagato so aside from nabbing more loot there isn't a pressing need to continue.  Looking at the stables Myōkō has been tearing it up in randoms but taking a Tier VII is kinda frowned on, that leaves Atago, Tirpitz and Fubuki.  If this were CBT I wouldn't hesitate to play Fubuki but since I got her back we just haven't been clicking at all.  I'm thinking Atago might be the best bet. 

Is Rank 10 and up significantly different than before or are there still plenty of plebs who don't bother with angling and like handing out citadels like party favors?

Offline Gray

Well, one reason to continue could!? be the rewards given out to Rank 1.
The last time it was the Kitakami ( for a while) and the rewards for this season are ( according to Posts on the RU Forum) even better.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Is Rank 10 and up significantly different than before or are there still plenty of plebs who don't bother with angling and like handing out citadels like party favors?
Rank 10 to 5 is pretty tame. Its from rank 5 upward that the skill level becomes significantly higher. Though I would imagine that by now the really good players have already reached rank 1, and that the 'above average, but not incredible' players are still around that area right now.
Either way, the difference between rank 6 and 5 is significant.

Having gone to rank 1 with a Nagato myself, I'd recommend against it  :p
She's just too soft at most angles, and will get regularly penetrated for 4000 damage hits even at 'good angles'. Tirpitz and Atego (the repair really helps) are both acceptable, but I don't know about bucky. What mostly dominates the DD matchups are russian and american destroyers. The gunboats that can beat any IJN destroyer mano o mano, and can invoke pure cancer on every other ship. With that I mean, they can pop smoke, sit still in the middle of it and just constantly pour out a rain of fire on anything in range. No counterplay possible against it in a battleship.
Every matchup I've been in, in which my team had Hatsu's or Fubuki's vs Bensons and Kiev's was lost during matchmaking.
Also, most players at those ranks will generally be pretty good in avoiding long range torpedoes.
Urutorahappī!!