Author Topic: JAD:XA Leaderboards  (Read 54626 times)

Seeing as I usually play Easy or Medium, that was about 12 minutes longer than I lasted when I tried Insane. I am not a good pilot.  :lol:

I managed to beat my old record, but that was on medium. And the reason I lost is because some dumb exploding blocade pushed me outside #8  :mad:
Anyways:

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.

This run could use some improvements; the ~2 seconds could probably be lost if I had better Berserking strategies.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline Axem

Nice. I've always wondered if sub-3 minutes was possible, and it does appear so.

Offline Boyos

• Steam

With the Iapetus sub 3 minutes is very doable, with the Ezechiel the closest I got was about 3:03.

I've found that getting berserk off the first group of drones quickly will have the biggest impact on overall time.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:07:26 pm by Boyos »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I need to retry this on very easy  :nervous: (enhanced AB recharge rate FTW!)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Boyos: Niiice.

niffiwan: No! That's cheating!!! Actually I forgot that's a thing... Oh well! Save the frames everyone, play very easy!

• This is fine.
I will never be able to beat that time without first getting a better computer. The Hatshepsut segment lags waaay too hard for me to actually clear it reliably.  :(

Well, since I got plenty of practice getting swarmed by endless waves in 2.22 I thought I might give endless mode in XA a try and earn some E-peen in the process.

I failed. Reflectiel too OP, kills me every time.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

• This is fine.
Since I have a strong dislike for the Selkie, I thought I'd take a spin in the Endless Gauntlet and learn a few things.

I was disappointed.

Offline CKid

Finally defeated all bosses since the introduction of the new weapons and re-balance of old ones. It was one of the most intense moments in a video game I had in awhile. I was barely surviving off the power-ups from the cargo container, killing the hordes to spawn the Sathanas. I started cursing when it did show up because I only had 10 harpoons, 3 InitialVs, and 7% hull. Yup 7% hull, one wrong move of the mouse and I would be bouncing off the tunnel walls to my doom.

Of course I couldn't risk continuing killing ships for power-ups due to the count down timer so I charged the juggernaut. Made it to the barrier inside, never hitting the sides and used all my remaining InitalVs but now only 2% hull... FFFUUUUU! So I continued on through the tunnel never going over 100 hoping I would still reach the end in time. Got through to the end with 45 seconds left and just unloaded all my Harpoons, firing the prometheus wildly into the core, praying that my shields hold against the incoming fire.

And Success! Core detonates and I got 1% hull. Holy hell, I jumped out of my chair in celebration.

Seriously, this is a whole lot more difficult then before, a real nice challenge. I miss my op Tornados.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Axem

Wonderful!

Looking at how these scores go and how you spent and hour and 50 minutes for a wild B-rank, I'm going to rebalance the ranks for the Endless Gauntlet. Once I do I'll retroactively change the posted scores too.

I'm thinking at the moment to make B from 2000 to 3999, A is 4000 to 7499 and then S is 7500+. (Why yes, I did just arbitrarily choose some wild numbers for this mission :p)

(Actually looking at posted scores in the past, there are a few 9ks and a 10k and a 20k... maybe S for 10k+... *thinks harder*)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:40:19 pm by Axem »

• This is fine.

Compared to the Selkie, using the Rhea feels like cheating.
And no, I wouldn't mind seeing the ranks rebalanced. Spending an hour and a half and only getting a B rank is kinda frustrating.

Offline Boyos

• Steam
I've been trying really hard to get a good score in the Iapetus, it's not going very well though

Haven't made it past Trinitiel

I would say that from strongest/easiest to play to hardest/weakest it would go
1. Rhea
2. Ezechiel
3. Iapetus
4. Selkie

Although I have no idea how to use the selkie even remotely effectively and have only tried it a couple times.

Dammit, now I need to go back & re-beat my old high-score.

• This is fine.

My god the Rhea's berserk system is busted.  :lol:

Offline Axem

I'm up for suggestions on how to make the Selkie more fun. I didn't put a whole lot of effort into balancing it since it had a whole single story mission, and you get berserked weapons by default there anyway. (Of course throw those suggestions in another thread)

• This is fine.

Holy crap.

Still needs improvements, though.

Offline Boyos

• Steam
I managed to get a sub 30 seconds on the boss duel time attack (just barely)