Author Topic: +++ FreeSpace Card Game +++  (Read 92414 times)

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Re: +++ FreeSpace Card Game +++
That's true :nod:
And i'm very thankful for your help Dark RevenantX.

For tomorrow version 1.1 will be ready ^^

I've played several games against C914 previous year and each game was reeealy cool.  At first time we thought that it may be somewhat unbalanced (for Shivans) but further tests prooved that with some tactics it's not too hard to beat Red Ones with Terran cards. :cool: To improve game experience both players should be equipped with six-packs and chips.
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You played IRL? :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Page 3
C. If the power of the armament is higher from the hull strength of the other unit, the attacked unit is destroyed. If the power equals or exceeds half of the HP (rounding up), the unit receives a damage marker.

Change "from" to "than". As for the underlined phrase, it's technically okay, but it sounds off. I would change it to "target".

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Nobody is going to get mad at me for this: Bump.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's already been tested in Poland you know.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The FCG may be a standard game for HLP London, USA, etc. etc. :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Being tested in Poland is not very useful for those living in... well, any country that's not Poland.

Offline eliex

The game is actually playable even now, although some rules and texts are grammatically incorrect.  :)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Where would I download the cards then (by the way, a month ago I completed grammar corrections for ALL of the cards)?

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Well all cards that you can see on web page are old VIPs with lots of mistakes and old abbilites. New READY to play cards gona be posted as pdfs to print.

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
The card FAQ at the FCG page said that you didn't mind people proposing card ideas. As Mobius knows, I have a habit of coming up with a lot at once. Is that alright?

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Of course it is, any card ideas are welcome :nod:

Offline FoxtrotTango

Of course it is, any card ideas are welcome :nod:

I'll probably have to do them in installments, then. Preferably suited according to possible expansion ideas. I have too many concepts to list right here.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Post them all, it good too have a bigger selection and we had some topic to discuss about.

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
What will the Lucy card be?
I just adore that ship!
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline eliex

The Lucifer is one of the more powerful Shivan hero cards. Although the original description and stats might have been changed, you can look at the original version on the FCG website.

Offline FoxtrotTango

Post them all, it good too have a bigger selection and we had some topic to discuss about.

Sweet. Here's my first slew of concepts as a taste of things to come.

Nav Buoy - (Equipment) You must place the (Terran/Vasudan) Nav Buoy directly into the Battle Zone. All fighter and bomber units in the Battle Zone gain +1 MN. If another player attempts to begin a Battle Phase on an enemy unit near your Nav Buoy, the Nav Buoy can be discarded to take control of the Battle Phase yourself. Nav Buoys must be discarded after three turns of play.

Surgical Strike - (Order) The selected bomber or fighter wing gains +1 MN/+1 AC when it attacks a Capital Ship on the same turn. The card is only usable once on any given wing.

Interdimensional Subspace Jump - (Event) When a Full or Tactical Retreat card is played, pay 3 to play this card. All cards on the Battle and Fleet Zones are removed and both players are allowed to replay cards in their Fleet Zone, but the player who played the retreat card can keep up to 3 units from the initial Battle Phase.*

Isis Repair - (Special) Attach to a VT Isis. The attached Isis gains +1 MN, +1 AA, and +1 Agility. It also gains the ability to repair one Capital Ship in any given turn. Repair costs are 2 per damage counter removed.

GTCv Generation - (Special) [Stats vary.] Only one GTCv Generation may exist during a single game. GTCv Generation is immune to the effects of Event cards.**

* = Only available in the Age of Aquarius Expansion Pack.
** = Only available in the Rise of the Transcendant Expansion Pack.

I'll provide more as they come to me.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Those are nice:
Nav Buoy - here I would erase part If another player attempts(...) (...)control of the Battle Phase yourself. And also add text that first Nav boy must be attached to capital ship and deliver to battle zone ( small difficulty but needed because of main ability or Buoy)

Surgical Strike - cheap (about 2 CP) nice order, good for Vasudans.

Interdimensional Subspace Jump- great for Shivans as counter card.

Isis Repair - nothing to change :)