Author Topic: Freespace Music Remixes  (Read 266302 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Freespace Music Remixes
Is Stacie Hirsch's part a new recording or is it from an older version of the cutscene?
I know she voiced a few other lines from what would become the FS2 intro in the original FS2 trailer, so maybe she did these at the same time.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
You know, my favorite track from FS1 must be "Worlds Apart," or the mission 4 music (M4). I'll look forward to hearing that one, at least.

:)
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Today was a twofer... Exodus Chapter II is up, and the Juggernaut is just around the corner.

-
DW

This is amazing! I couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said in this thread...! Amazing stuff sir!

Could we get any modern versions/remixes of Freespace 1's Briefing 4 and Briefing 3 ?

I really LOVE the direction you took in those. Briefing 4 really solidified the peril that the GTA and PVN were facing and really felt like the world was coming down around you, the organ type of instrument in the song also added a gothic vibe that was really welcome. And Briefing 3, wow, whenever I hear that I feel like it's the kind of song playing during a montage of pilots suiting up...it's got this "We are Professionals and this is the job we'll be pulling"kind of vibe with a bit of hope and futurism.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:35:20 am by THE Phreak »

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
Freespace Main Menu Redux at about 2:00 - there is something missing (on purpose I guess). It's this cool engine/screaming/roaring sound in the background that's getting higher until the next part of the music starts. I always thought this is a very important part of the feeling the music created - it sounded very mechanic (therefore cool ;) ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cR2zdiAy0dY#t=75s <---- this one
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:57:25 am by T-LoW »
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
*Exodus 2 plays*

"That's NOT an installation! Disable the engines of that warship! Do not let them escape!"

Whoever had the idea with the asteroid base and the NTF Iceni was a genius.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
I was literally up all night, so I figured might as well make a stab at finishing the set early.
http://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz/sets/freespace2-exodus-set/

(short break)

-
DW
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:28:05 pm by Danimal »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I love the Exodus tracks!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh God, this is awesome.

okaycanyoudom2now :nervous:

To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
This is all like a dream come true! It's like the music is alive again... anyone know what I mean? Makes me very happy.

The beginning of B3Exodus Remix is one of my favorite soundbites! Nice way to introduce a surreal track. It has the feel like the universe is coming apart all around the player, as depicted in the final missions of FS2.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Awesome stuff :D

Love the Mainhall remix, much more cinematic and ominous.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Exodus kicks ass.  It gives me extreme amounts of nostalgia.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Thanks guys,

Freespace 1, Mission 2 all normals is up!
http://soundcloud.com/daniel-wentz/freespace-mission2-normal-all

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh my. I think the music lover in me just jumped off a waterfall of awesome. I'm so excited I can't even properly phrase it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Just listened to them all, really nice!  I love it.  :)

EDIT:  Waitwaitwait that was just the spotlight... *goes back to listen to all of the tracks*

I'd like to know what FS2 brief 2 will sound like nowadays. My feel on it is that you are introduced/welcomed to some kind of calm blessed elite.

Freespace is a high time favorite of mine, in all terms. I'd like the military, soberish style of the music. It has it's own identity, but also I feel it's very constraint in terms of size that was allowed in the whole distribution package thing. Which is sad, but realistic. I'd love to see a new extended set of music that departs from and builds on what there is, but that don't have this constraints in quality and time.

It gives me renewed hope for FS3, the sounds from within :v: and the reemergence of Dan. So far as I can see, it's certainly not lost! If only for wrapping the story.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
And you realize FS3 is a sore spot for :v: developers, so so talking about it.

[edit] wat. Most of my post got cut off.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:19:00 pm by Cobra »

Offline Danimal

• Parallax Studios
Freespace Main Menu Redux at about 2:00 - there is something missing (on purpose I guess). It's this cool engine/screaming/roaring sound in the background that's getting higher until the next part of the music starts. I always thought this is a very important part of the feeling the music created - it sounded very mechanic (therefore cool ;) ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cR2zdiAy0dY#t=75s <---- this one

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that was generated from an E-Mu E-Synth sampler I sadly no longer own. But I agree, it's a cool part to include. Will keep that in mind and see if I can mix something up. I had a ***** of a time trying to recreate the battle 3 Exodus percussion originally done on the E-Mu Audity 2000... Sometimes, they just don't make em like they used to! But I'm happy with the results.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
I like the newest Redux Freespace - mission 2, very good.  :yes: :yes:
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And as a bonus, that last part of mission 2 is also FS1's briefing 5. :D

(Not sure why, but FS1 liked to use certain soundtracks' NRML3 components as briefing tracks.  It worked though!)