Author Topic: What should the GTVA's strategy be?  (Read 165976 times)

Offline Flak

Re: What should the GTVA's strategy be?
I thought most of Meridian battlegroup now taken to reinforce Steele's forces. Unless you are too focused, I don't think you can miss the Hood in Everything is Permitted and in the finale.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Nearly the entire 4th fleet, with a couple of exceptions (such as the GTCv Arcane) are known to have left Sol (I believe there's also an Aeolus that the player encounters too.) That includes the 13th battlegroup, under the Meridian and the 16th battlegroup under the Requiem.

Offline CT27

Shock jump a solaris.

Is your position then that the GTVA should concentrate on clearing up the tactical situation before making a major strategic move towards Earth?

Offline CT27

Sorry for the necro, but will the changing of Raynors to Erebuses make any difference in what you would do if you were a GTVA commander in Sol?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The model and the name are changing.  There's not an actual change between Raynors and Erebuses in terms of strategic and tactical impact.

Offline CT27

So there's still the same type/amount of turrets/beams?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So there's still the same type/amount of turrets/beams?

Not exactly. But the general role of the ship hasn't changed, neither has the way in which it is deployed. We were able to change the weapons loadout and distribution because the Erebus had only very few appearances as a combat vessel in the released missions of AoA and WiH; the Titan will be much closer to the original design because we really don't want to spend long rebalancing all the missions in which the Temeraire makes an appearance ;)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns