Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2: Freeware Edition  (Read 1507 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Left 4 Dead 2: Freeware Edition
Valve is giving L4D2 away for free for the next day, assuming you can get the damned client to load anything with the current hit it's taking.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: Left 4 Dead 2: Freeware Edition
Yeah, the store, market, community, etc have all been inaccessible for me for the last 3 hours I've tried.

This is kind of ridiculous.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

friends list works, and downloading stuff. Def no store and stuff.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Right after I posted, I got the store frontpage to load.  As there is no L4D2 link on that page, however, I still cannot get any further than that.

Srsly Valve, nice DDOS on your own servers.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 05:26:39 pm by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Didn't Valve learn anything from all of the Black Friday incidents? People turn into rabid hordes when given free s*** in a small window of opportunity.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Hell, I can't even vote on the next deal.  They need to push everything back a few hours over this.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
The voting keeps showing cancelled to me. Nevermind, that was also store stupidity, just managed to get a vote in.

That said, the stupidity IS subsiding; I just managed (after several reloads) to pick up L4D2 finally.  I managed to get the pages to load roughly 50% of the time, which is much better than the 0% I was seeing only 15 minutes ago.  Try now.

Offline An4ximandros

Made it to the page; Clicked Install; Timed out again. FuuuUUUuuuUUUuuu...

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
If you guys leave yourselves logged into Steam in your browser, here's the page for L4D2:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/550

That'll take you straight to the registration page.  Then you just have to click Install and it will register to your Steam account.

Offline An4ximandros

If you guys leave yourselves logged into Steam in your browser, here's the page for L4D2:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/550

That'll take you straight to the registration page.  Then you just have to click Install and it will register to your Steam account.

Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Is the singleplayer any good? I could pick it up, but I don't want yet another multiplayer game.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Then I advise you to look closely at the title and why they made it that way.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The game is playable as both single and multiplayer, and each is exactly (and I do mean exactly) the same.

That said, the game is fairly boring single player, because the big draw comes from goofing around with a trio (or larger group, in versus) of buddies.  Multiplayer Versus is a bucket of fun, because the infected players all get special infected to play as, and the special infected rate is bumped up two or three times.  This transforms the game from merely Left 4 Dead into Valve's Multiplayer Griefing Enginetm, with surprisingly hilarious results.

Offline crizza

Got it :D

It is actually a great game for co-op. Play it all the time

Offline An4ximandros

Woo! Got it to start DLing! Yeah!

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club