Author Topic: New FS2NetD daemon for FSU  (Read 2125 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
New FS2NetD daemon for FSU
As even the missions now differ from retail, the MediaVPs aren't really compatible with retail from a multiplayer aspect now.  So, I've added a new daemon just for them.  It's on port 12013.  To use it, the MediaVPs will have to include a multi.cfg with at least the following line:

+server_port      12013

That will cause it to use a different port than the default 12010, which is for retail and retail-compatible mods.  We will probably have the 2014 MediaVPs validated on that daemon before this change is patched in, meaning immediately validated tables as soon as it is patched.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: New FS2NetD daemon for FSU
So, no chance we can somehow get an official release of this multi.cfg file for the MediaVPs?  There have been people asking to play validated missions with the MediaVPs for a while now, but that won't happen without using the new daemon.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays