Author Topic: Rerelease Ghost Revenants  (Read 7188 times)

Offline CT27

Rerelease Ghost Revenants
Could Ghost Revenants get redone so it's playable on current builds and the 2014 Media VPs?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:26:36 pm by Macfie »

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I'm working on League of Free Worlds right now but I'll put Ghost Revenant on the list for the next project.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline CT27

Thank you.

EDIT:  A minor mistake on my part:  It's actually called Ghost Revenant"s".  I forgot the "s" earlier.

Offline Lorric

This League of Free Worlds...
This League of Free Worlds, it's a Colony Wars mod, is it not? With Colony Wars ships? If so, I'm very interested and curious about it, and pleased to see you're going to restore it. :)

Offline Macfie

League of Free Worlds Part 1. Gallonigher system.
Since 3095 AD, the Earth empire has spread throughout the universe like a sickness. No planet or lifeform is immune to this disease; indeed, vast tracts of the universe have already been renderd sterile by its progress. The empire's power is formidable. Dedicated to sustaining life on earth. it has colonised planet after plsnet with scant regard to the freedom of the local population or the well-being of the environment. Vicious methods are employed in persuit of this relentless expansion; this has resulted in widespread famine, drought and death. The Leage Of Free Worlds exists to offer resistance and hope.
The only special ships the mod uses are from the Unholy Alliance mod.  As far as I can tell it has no connection with Colony Wars.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh hey, you actually have a working copy of League of Free Worlds?  I was trying to find it for woutersmits here, but my old backup copy was corrupted.  He'll probably be happy to know someone is working on upgrading it. :)

Offline Lorric

League of Free Worlds Part 1. Gallonigher system.
Since 3095 AD, the Earth empire has spread throughout the universe like a sickness. No planet or lifeform is immune to this disease; indeed, vast tracts of the universe have already been renderd sterile by its progress. The empire's power is formidable. Dedicated to sustaining life on earth. it has colonised planet after plsnet with scant regard to the freedom of the local population or the well-being of the environment. Vicious methods are employed in persuit of this relentless expansion; this has resulted in widespread famine, drought and death. The Leage Of Free Worlds exists to offer resistance and hope.
The only special ships the mod uses are from the Unholy Alliance mod.  As far as I can tell it has no connection with Colony Wars.

The story you quoted is straight out of Colony Wars though. I don't know if the creator was just leeching the story or perhaps was trying to do a Colony Wars mod and just not letting the fact they didn't have Colony Wars ships stop them. I'd have to get into it to find out. Meanwhile, check out the two opening videos of Colony Wars (the first is the opening, and the second plays when you start the game.) It looks like all of them are in this video (and will make no sense watched all at once since the game has branching paths), but you just need the first two:

I haven't played (or even heard of) Unholy Alliance.

Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:37:54 pm by Lorric »

Offline Macfie

It sounds like it was an attempt to leech the story.  The campaign was created in the early days of FreeSpace 2 and was for retail.  It was in the old Volition Watch archives.  It was created in 2001.  Unholy Alliance was also created for retail in 2000.  The GTVA Makes an Alliance with the Shivans amid their Civil war.  One faction wants this Alliance the other is set on preventing this.  There is a version of Unholy Alliance on freespacemods.net

Offline Lorric

Thanks.

I guess I'll still check it out at some point when it's ready.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Speaking of Ghost Revenants, I did a bit of work myself to fix some bugs, fix debug build errors, and improve the graphics.

I could post what I have here if anyone wants it.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I remember it uses a lot of INFR1 ships. Some of them may be replaced. If someone is working on it, HTL Icelus and Boreas can be found in Shadow Genesis modpack. AFAIK the Icelus is present in many missions [GTD Prayer. Yeah, now I remember from where I get this name]. Boreas was present in only last mission.

I will provide even better versions of both destroyers in SG 2.0.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Macfie

I'd like to have it.  It could give me a head start on updating.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Macfie

Thanks for the material.  I'm working on cleaning things up and getting rid of some debug errors.  The work you've done already has definitely given me a head start on this.

Offline Macfie

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:29:00 pm by Macfie »