Author Topic: High Poly GTD Orion  (Read 118199 times)

Awesome Work. Looking forward :yes:

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Loving it so far. Keep it up! :yes: :nod:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
http://p3d.in/Uks5S

Update. Some bits have had changed proportions to be in line with retail, trim added to the side of the engine subsystem (left) as on the retail model's texture.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
that looks shiny and awesome and shiny. are you going to be adding more greebles? Possibly around the sharply angled bulkhead on the centerline top at the same cross-section that the runway ends which is the only spot I can see where you haven't already slathered on a whole lot of awesome...?
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Guys, I think when he said, "GUESS WHAT POOR INSANE **** IS GOING TO PROBABLY BE DOING THIS ALL OVER THE SHIP", he actually meant it. Which is awesome.

My only request is that you find something interesting to do with the location of the engine subsystem. The texture vaguely suggests radiators or an exhaust vent, but anything would be better than having it in the middle nowhere like that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:26:35 am by Alan Bolte »
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

My only request is that you find something interesting to do with the location of the engine subsystem. The texture vaguely suggests radiators or an exhaust vent, but anything would be better than having it in the middle nowhere like that.
Good point. I second that request.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh my dear Jesus. At first I wasn't really liking this too much as I really like the current Orion... but holy ****. Now how about the Deimos? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Hades

http://p3d.in/jiWFS I have it uploaded here but still at a loss about where to go from where it is at.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
YAY! a new HTL Deimos! I feel it looks a lot more "mean" from the front! Good work so far! :yes:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Regarding what to do with it, you could remake the bottom "engine pod" and the aft section around the main engines. Make them look "sharper", like the "chin" on the bow. Also, add the "corridor" between front and aft sections. Also, the engine nozzles themselves could use remodeling. Overall, the part around the connection could use some slight modification. Right now, there's clear contrast between the old and the new model, but it's only obvious if you know what to look for. The problem with Deimos is that the aft is one big slab with pretty much the only place for detail being the engine cavity.

Offline Hades

http://p3d.in/WADYs

Note about the deimos: it has bits of mine and bits of bob's deimos in it, should be obv which is which.

The Orion will NOT have the hull plating put on it, though, as it is already hitting 41k triangles without it. It's prolly mostly finished, aside from some hull details here and there, the small turrets, finishing up the modeled thruster, and the engine subsystem bit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:16:44 am by Hades »
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Any chance on the Orion you could add the little blocks for the lights on the side of the runway like on the current Orion? Dunno why but I really liked that little bit of detail.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
http://p3d.in/jiWFS I have it uploaded here but still at a loss about where to go from where it is at.
There's docking points port and starboard, you could do something with those.

The area Dragon called the corridor between front and aft contains the navigation system, you could give it some specially modeled windows or something.

Anything that makes the turrets look like they've been designed onto the hull in a logical way instead of just being glued-on is a plus.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Hades

Any chance on the Orion you could add the little blocks for the lights on the side of the runway like on the current Orion? Dunno why but I really liked that little bit of detail.
Got those already! They're tinier, though, so it doesn't break up the lines there too much.

There's docking points port and starboard, you could do something with those.

The area Dragon called the corridor between front and aft contains the navigation system, you could give it some specially modeled windows or something.

Anything that makes the turrets look like they've been designed onto the hull in a logical way instead of just being glued-on is a plus.
http://p3d.in/9URDO

Well, I went ahead and got the shape all finished. I just need to do stuff like that, yea, and mechanical bits.

----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I miss the pipes.  :nervous:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I felt the pipes looked misplaced. (You mean the ones in the engines, right?)

Smoothing the model does wonders. Great job Hades.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I miss the pipes.  :nervous:

Me too, maybe you can add the pipes but make them not as large as they were earlier.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Hello. Entire model looks promising, but... may i make a little sugestion :)? About the radar collumns. Their shape reminds me this.
  chess pawns
How about a collumn like this
? Of course with some armor on it to look srtronger.

EDIT: lvlshot large images please. -Mjn
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:34:27 pm by mjn.mixael »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
With armour on the lower image I see something like the pawn, sorry
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I think he's saying that the mid-section would look better if it's smaller, thinner, and less visible than the dish portion and the base instead of being more prominent than the dish.