Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
FS2 Open Tools / Re: How do I use PCS2?
« Last post by Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet on April 28, 2017, 08:50:04 am »
Alright, so that fixed the Array thing.
But now I'm facing a new problem: I have absolutely no idea how to use it.
Help Wanted/Offering Help / Re: FSCRP Recruitment
« Last post by FrikgFeek on April 28, 2017, 06:37:44 am »
If you still need testers I can help you test older stuff. As I understand your intention is to make them not break modern builds, run fine with MediaVPs_2014, and run on DEBUG without complaints while leaving the gameplay old school.

I can spare some time to run through the older campaigns, see what breaks, and sweep through with fastdebug to check for table and .pof errors.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: Radar Icons-dots only
« Last post by FrikgFeek on April 28, 2017, 05:45:57 am »
There have been some modpack changes since the original release of BP2 so those radaricons might not work perfectly. I've tabled my own set with a Karuna icon for the frigates made by myself and a fortress bomber icon for the Gorgon, Nephilim, and Seraphim made by Caiaphas if I recall correctly.
If you're still having problems I can upload those somewhere and give you a link.

I also played with radar image sizes and 3D radar 'blip' sizes to get the icons to scale up according to ship size. So a frigate icon is roughly ~2.5 times larger than a fighter icon so they stand out more and don't get lost when you set radar to infinity in a big mission.

Here's an example of what it looks like.
Wings of Dawn / Re: Wings of Dawn Lore
« Last post by Commander Zane on April 28, 2017, 05:36:53 am »
Kinda a shame that you can't use a single missile/projectile that makes a huge Dragonslave explosion to intercept a cluster of torpedoes. PD would probably look less messy :P
Isn't it possible if the bombs are flagged to take splash or shockwave damage?
Announcements / Re: HLP Forum Re-kajiggering - Phase 1
« Last post by Zacam on April 28, 2017, 05:28:06 am »
Something really weird just happened.
The reply and new topic button both disappeared on me just minutes ago. Loading a page took a long time. It's gone now but I'm not sure if it will return later on.
Does the re-kajiggering maybe have caused this?

Read: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93458.0

It's been fixed now, hopefully won't re-occur.
Site Support / Feedback / Re: An interesting (Unintentional) Issue
« Last post by niffiwan on April 28, 2017, 05:25:03 am »
Unfortunately I don't think these guys deliver to your area...
FS2 Open Tools / Re: How do I use PCS2?
« Last post by niffiwan on April 28, 2017, 05:23:11 am »
Are you using the version linked here? (which I think is the most recent)
The FRED Workshop / Re: Transition an effect from every-time to when
« Last post by karajorma on April 28, 2017, 05:12:36 am »
I've been forced to reinstall Windows so I'm running rather behind on things I need to do. I should have the mission file somewhere. If I haven't checked this out by the end of the weekend, remind me.
Announcements / Re: HLP Forum Re-kajiggering - Phase 1
« Last post by karajorma on April 28, 2017, 05:10:36 am »
It's definitely not moving forums which caused this problem. But there are other things that are going on which might have done. Check the thread linked above for details.
The FRED Workshop / Re: [PREVIEW & HELP WANTED] The Lost Generation - Ashcroft
« Last post by 0rph3u5 on April 28, 2017, 04:52:35 am »
"Understand please that as you stand in this hall you stand in a monument of failure. A failure that 30 years of your predecessor's have sought to redeem. For 30 years ago the Shivan destroyer [...] Lucifer attacked Vasuda Prime. It decimated our people, it wiped out entire cultures and it reduced our civilisation to ash and glass.

You and your classmates were born in a time were this is irrevocable fact. To let nothing like it happen ever again has been your duty since the day you were born."

- Admiral Usor (GTVA), opening speech to the class of 2365 at the Vasudan Imperial War College

"[...] Earth had been humanity's by coincidence, not by design. For the colonies this could be different: Their worlds had been made by humanity (in a sense) and would continue to be formed by humans. The new society of the colonies, without Earth, would be build from the ground up; No cosmic coincidences, only human ability and determination would make Neo-Terra. As builders Hideo and his peers would eclipse the achievements of the Great War."

Since there were no questions I've been busy writing unlockable bonus content ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >