Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
FS2 Open Tools / Re: [Preview] Knossos 0.5.3
« Last post by ngld on July 24, 2017, 05:47:07 pm »
Probably, at least if enough people here like it.
My intention was to combine installer and launcher (i.e. FSO Installer and wxLauncher) into one program AND make it easier to use. Whether that works out or not is something we will see once this is finally finished. It will take a while but hopefully I'll be able to release 1.0.0 this year.

I'm finally done with the dev tab UI, now I still have to write the saving and upload code. Afterwards I'll have to test and fix the code which launches mods. I'll probably have to fix the install/update/uninstall parts, too. I guess I'll release a new beta at that point and work on UI polishing, bug fixing and eventually torrent support. Once that beta is polished and stable enough, I'll be able to release 1.0.0 at which point (I hope) more and more people will use it.

@m!m: I've built a Fedora VM and wasn't able to reproduce your issue on it. I cloned the repo, installed the neccessary packages with dnf and finally ran Knossos both with "ninja debug" and "ninja run". It worked both times without issue. Any idea what I did differently?
The FRED Workshop / Re: [WIP] FS1 Upgrade
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on July 24, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »
I'm using the H and R variants.  I've included them in the current Ch1 release, though they aren't used in any missions.

We're only at a 5% efficiency rate of polygons to emotions. We need to physically model individual pores to finally reach the emotional depths needed to express the glory that is Star Citizen.

On the topic of emotions, does that mean if you pay enough to CR, you could marry a woman in SC? :p

He sells those JPGs on a different website.

You could make pictures with Sandy at Gamescom... yeah that happened. ;-)
Only if you are into ~tickling~
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Analysis Part 2- Electric Boogaloo
« Last post by Firesteel on July 24, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »
Thanks!

As for the Lucifer's arrival flag, it's the age old question of accurate emulation/porting vs. possible fixes.

Not that I'm advocating having two versions of the FSPort just for this change but considering what feels like a renewed interest retail FS and updating it (TGW Augmented and FS Blue come to mind), it might be interesting to see what sort of changes the FSPort team might come up with but hey, I'm just spitballing.
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: Analysis Part 2- Electric Boogaloo
« Last post by Goober5000 on July 24, 2017, 02:38:27 pm »
This is excellent.  Very thoughtful commentary, with some insights that I hadn't considered before, or had glossed over.  Well done!  Can't wait for the next video.

EDIT:

One other weird thing from FSPort (that I can't remember from retail) was the Lucifer just showing up in Doomsday, no warp in, just pops into existence. I vaguely remember it warping in with retail but it's been too long.

Believe it or not, the no-arrival-warp flag is present in the retail mission, too.  When we did the most recent mission conversion, we left it as it was.  Perhaps we should change it.
We're only at a 5% efficiency rate of polygons to emotions. We need to physically model individual pores to finally reach the emotional depths needed to express the glory that is Star Citizen.

On the topic of emotions, does that mean if you pay enough to CR, you could marry a woman in SC? :p

He sells those JPGs on a different website.

Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition
« Last post by CT27 on July 24, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »
Well, if you need to take a break for a while that's understandable.  My vote/hope though is that SG gets continued some day.  :)

If you ever make a decision someday that you're 100% definitely not going to do anymore SG work, could you at least write a story summary of what you had planned to do with SG 2 and 3 so we can know what would have happened at least to the GTVA, Nightmares, Cerberus, etc.?
It's similar to what Blue Planet people have said they would do if the campaign wasn't going to be completed:  they said they'd write out the plot remaining so people weren't left hanging totally.
General Discussion / Re: MUSIC THREAD 2017
« Last post by Jeff Vader on July 24, 2017, 01:40:56 pm »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >