Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Between the Ashes / Re: Can't complete Gerar's Judgement
« Last post by Redox on January 16, 2018, 05:09:44 am »
Do you mean stopping what you're doing and follow each new order? Ive tried several times and either I fail or all hostiles jump out and no new orders come through and we just float along in space like the mission is broken.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Joystick Gremlin
« Last post by OverDhill on January 16, 2018, 05:00:40 am »
Not sure. You could ask the developer. He is pretty supportive if he is not too busy in RL.  One problem I have noticed with Freespace 2 is that it doesn't handle simultaneously pressed buttons.  I ran into some issues and switched over to binding the Vjoy buttons as a secondary bind in Freespace 2. It did handle joystick buttons fine.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: Freespace is Ignoring my Flightstick
« Last post by ngld on January 16, 2018, 03:17:45 am »
He's talking about the SDL2.dll not wxLauncher itself. Try copying the SDL2.dll from the FSO build you're currently running into wxLauncher's directory (the one where the EXE is).
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: Cutscene Upgrade [RELEASE: EndGame (FS1)]
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on January 16, 2018, 02:52:08 am »
I guess we caught them during their pre-experiment exercises?
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.8 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by ngld on January 16, 2018, 02:39:06 am »
I don't think this is something the ReShade devs can fix. For ReShade to work Windows has to load ReShade's DLL instead of the "official" OpenGL32.dll (which in most cases is in C:\Windows\System32). If you take a look at MS' documentation, you'll see that Windows first checks the EXE's folder and then the system directory. The result is that unless you want to inject the DLL, you'll have to place it in the EXE's directory.
You could use the current working directory or the PATH to modify this in the past, however, some malicious software abused this fact which is why it's not possible anymore.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.7.8 (combined launcher/installer)
« Last post by jr2 on January 16, 2018, 02:28:08 am »
I have good news and bad news: ReShade works fine if you copy the files into the same directory as fs2_open...exe. The bad news is that nothing else (short of injecting the DLL which I'd like to avoid) seems to work.
This means that you'll have to copy the files for every FSO version installed and every time Knossos updates FSO.
The best solution that I've been able to come up with is to copy everything from a special override_dlls folder into FSO's folder whenever Knossos launches FSO. However, if I implement that, I'll make Knossos delete the files once FSO quits to avoid leaving clutter. I'll also prevent anything in override_dlls from overwriting FSO's files (like the FFmpeg DLLs) because I couldn't reverse that without making backup copies which would make this even more complicated.

Is there anyone at ReShade that can work around that from their end?  Probably too busy or whatever, but you never know..
Getting Started / Re: Official new people thread!
« Last post by jr2 on January 16, 2018, 02:25:45 am »
zzzzzZZZZZ-*snrk*  Hmm?  Oh, new user. 

* jr2 slaps the big red button in front of him-

:welcome:
« Last post by jr2 on January 16, 2018, 02:23:17 am »
Amazing job!  Also, the Comm Officer's movements aren't quite right because it's a vasudan spy and the transmorgrification didn't quite work 100%  :p
« Last post by Colonol Dekker on January 16, 2018, 02:20:45 am »
I volunteer to be in the hedz remake.

Send me your best headhots! :) Isn't there one of you completely smashed at a party floating around somewhere?

It'll be on my Facebook, .....its all on facebook  :nervous:

Was it in a hat?
« Last post by mjn.mixael on January 16, 2018, 01:34:53 am »
Thanks for all the praise! I'm really happy with how the scene turned out. :)

And I'm still motivated to keep going, sooooooooo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10