Recent Posts

Pages: < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next >
Silent Threat: Reborn / Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]
« Last post by Goober5000 on March 13, 2024, 12:01:09 pm »
The high-resolution cutscenes, or more specifically the recreated cutscenes, are an option available in the installation; these do not require Jaded's pack.  These are the options emphasized:
  • Freespace Upgrade MediaVPs
  • FS Port MediaVPs
  • MjnMixael's Mainhalls
  • HD Hud
  • Jaded's HD Radar Icons
  • Lafiel's RadarIcon Script
  • Admiral MS' ScreenCam Script
The standard Silent Threat: Reborn installation already includes the first four of these, so it really depends on whether you want to use the last three.  Jaded's pack does not modify the missions or the difficulty level.  However, keep in mind that ST:R *is* a little more difficult than either FS1 or FS2.
The Scroll of Atankharzim / Re: Review of 4.7
« Last post by Goober5000 on March 13, 2024, 11:53:57 am »
Glad to hear it!  Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the campaign. :yes:

Thanks for the bug reports.  The medal alignment problem was due to a minor incompatibility with the latest MediaVPs.  The container bug was due to a rather brittle implementation of the mission logic; it would be very easy to miss that objective by doing things slightly out of order.  These have now been fixed and the fixes will be included in the next update.

(The wingmen firing was not specifically a bug; they are ordered to not fire on the containers until the scanning objective is complete.  With the scanning objective fixed, this should no longer be a problem.)
Getting Started / Re: MAking 4K playable with bigger Texts?
« Last post by Goober5000 on March 13, 2024, 11:35:21 am »
The scaling is dependent on the mod's configuration of its HUD gauges.  For total conversions, it should be possible to fix this by using the file included in the MediaVPs (mv_root-hdg.tbm).  But Blue Planet adds a few new HUD gauges that aren't part of the standard configuration, so it would be necessary to ask the mod makers to support 4k.
Nightly Builds / Nightly: 13 March 2024 - Revision b1460eb3f
« Last post by SirKnightly on March 13, 2024, 01:31:54 am »
Here is the nightly for 13 March 2024 - Revision b1460eb3f

Group: Linux
nightly_20240313_b1460eb3f-builds-Linux.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: MacOSX-arm64
nightly_20240313_b1460eb3f-builds-Mac-arm64.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: MacOSX-x86_64
nightly_20240313_b1460eb3f-builds-Mac-x86_64.tar.gz (Mirror)

Group: Win32-SSE2
nightly_20240313_b1460eb3f-builds-Win32-SSE2.zip (Mirror)

Group: Win64-SSE2
nightly_20240313_b1460eb3f-builds-x64-SSE2.zip (Mirror)

Code: [Select]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
commit 671fe21a7
Author: Goober5000
Commit: Goober5000

additional collision info
 code/object/collidedebrisship.cpp | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 code/object/collideshipship.cpp   | 35 ++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 code/object/collideshipweapon.cpp | 15 +++++++++++----
 code/object/objcollide.cpp        |  3 ++-
 code/object/objcollide.h          |  3 ++-
 code/scripting/api/objs/model.cpp | 13 +++++++++++++
 code/scripting/global_hooks.cpp   | 15 +++++++--------
 code/weapon/beam.cpp              | 11 +++++++++--
 8 files changed, 89 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)

commit d6606ad64
Author: Goober5000
Commit: Goober5000

enhancements for submodel collisions
 code/model/modelcollide.cpp        | 14 ++++++--------
 code/object/collideshipship.cpp    |  9 ++++-----
 code/scripting/api/objs/model.cpp  | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 code/scripting/api/objs/object.cpp | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 4 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

commit d9b2b428a
Author: Taylor Richards
Commit: GitHub

remove Docker setup for standalone servers (#6036)
 .github/workflows/build-standalone.yaml | 53 ---------------------------------
 docker/build.sh                         | 14 ---------
 docker/standalone/Dockerfile            | 33 --------------------
 docker/standalone/fs2_open.ini          |  2 --
 docker/standalone/multi.cfg             |  9 ------
 5 files changed, 111 deletions(-)
« Last post by JackOfOwls on March 13, 2024, 01:11:05 am »
I think that's the same problem as reported here - there was a metadata update, but it still seems to be trying to load an old version of the MediaVPs. You can work around it by overriding the mod dependencies in the settings and setting "MVPS" to "Newest" (or whatever the latest version is, currently 4.7.2).

Yes, that fixed it, setting both "MVPS"s to newest, so thanks.

Edited:  I noticed that Jaded's STR version (which gave no errors at launch) had high-resolution opening cut-scenes.  Are there significant other differences, and would the added mods make it appropriate for someone relatively new to the whole Freespace thing?  I'm concerned it might have a difficulty level intended more for veteran players.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: RELEASE: Knossos.NET (KNet)
« Last post by mjn.mixael on March 12, 2024, 11:25:31 pm »
Hey, so I'm having a slight issue. For some reason my mouse sensitivity is really low, even when I max out the sensitivity settings in game. Any idea what it may be? I've got the other knossos launcher installed and that one seems to work fine. I really like your launcher though as it removes the 120 fps cap, so I'd like to continue using it ideally.

If you're playing on a recent nightly then it could be the bug with the new Options system that I've submitted a fix for in PR #6020 on github for FSO. Hasn't been reviewed yet so I dunno when it will get merged. But basically until that is merged, the retail options don't work in most cases.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: RELEASE: Knossos.NET (KNet)
« Last post by 5thAce on March 12, 2024, 11:06:43 pm »
Hey, so I'm having a slight issue. For some reason my mouse sensitivity is really low, even when I max out the sensitivity settings in game. Any idea what it may be? I've got the other knossos launcher installed and that one seems to work fine. I really like your launcher though as it removes the 120 fps cap, so I'd like to continue using it ideally.
« Last post by VerGreeneyes on March 12, 2024, 06:17:57 pm »
I think that's the same problem as reported here - there was a metadata update, but it still seems to be trying to load an old version of the MediaVPs. You can work around it by overriding the mod dependencies in the settings and setting "MVPS" to "Newest" (or whatever the latest version is, currently 4.7.2).
Getting Started / Re: MAking 4K playable with bigger Texts?
« Last post by JackOfOwls on March 12, 2024, 04:34:08 pm »
The main games and the major TCs seem to scale very well at 4K but mods like Wings of Dawn are unplayable at 4K, I noticed, unless you have your nose up to the display.  Parts of Blue Planet Complete also has texts too small to read in 2160p but most of the main text scales okay.  I wish there was a one-all solution for this.  I'll probably have to uninstall WOD unless there's a fix other than dropping down to 1080p (I've gotten too used to 2160p quite frankly and Freespace looks great at that resolution though I do notice severe banding that the other mods don't have in Blue Planet as if it were only 16-bit ).
I have an expensive OLED display and I try to minimize screen mode switching and keep everything in borderless window, but Retail FS2 is the only one among my FS games and mods that won't go borderless (it always goes fullscreen which makes it more unstable to Alt-TAB to desktop and, of course, causes unnecessary wear on the display).  I have the "borderless" setting in Knossos enabled, and it works with all other TCs and mods except Retail FS2 (installed from the GOG version).  Is there a reason for this or a way to force borderless on Retail FS2.  I'm in 4K on a G-sync/VRR display (LG C2).
Pages: < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next >