Author Topic: Interview Applications  (Read 40730 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Interview Applications
Well, now that we have this nice new forum, we may as well use it. Use this thread to apply for an interview with one of our interviewers. Leave your name, and reason to be interviewed (Campaign leader, major project assistant (eg. modeller) all round legend, etc.). Don't leave your ICQ number or IM contact details unless you want to, these can be obtained via PM or E Mail. Interviews are free publicity for whatever you're doing and hell, they're just plain fun :D.

Note that this thread is more to give us an idea about who does wish to be interviewed. Posting here does not guarantee you an interview, nor does not posting here guarantee you won't be approached at some later date. But those who post here will probably have a much better chance of being chosen.

Go go go! :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2002, 08:26:34 am by 390 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
er well... im a local legend around here... er... well im also a project leader. If it will help with publicity...
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Me too!  Me too!

I'm, as you know, The Project leader for My own Campaign ITHOV and a major part of the T-V War Project.  I could always use the exposure for my projects.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I single-handedly ported Freespace to FS2! That's an accomplishment.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Err.. one of the first Nodewar moderators? :p

Well whatever the case with me I think the whole NW staff should get interviewed, especially Shrike -creator and HLP-manager
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I just released Deus Ex Machina, I'm a senior member of the T/V War Project, and I'm working on a campaign of my own! :) :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 10:40:47 am by 517 »

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
I lead Third Twilight but it's hard to interview myself I guess... :D

BTW what do you think of giving "special" avatars to interviewers? if it's OK, send me the HLP logo and I'll give my best shot.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 10:41:10 am by 517 »

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
I single-handedly ported Freespace to FS2! That's an accomplishment.

I'll take him.

And I guess I can interview ToT. You online today? I'll prepare a list of questions, then I'll get to ICQ.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 10:41:32 am by 517 »
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I would be the perfect interviewee, because Black Wolf knows which questions to ask :p

Also, since nobody knows anything about what we're doing.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I suggest that the initial interviews should aim to get as broad a spectrum as possible.  Don't just focus on campaign leaders (as an example).

Anyhow, on that note, I am available for interviews, as long as they're after thursday.  Essays = :ick
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Solatar

I'm project leader of thye TVWP? What about me?

Forget it. How about interviewing Zylon Bane? He was one of the legends on the VBB. Or how about trying to get DaveB?

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
*ahem* I outvet most of you, and I have- what, twelve posts in the counter? So there, case closed on that one.

Interviews should go to people who have something to teach. If we were just gonna have camp leader interviews, we'd have just about every half-competent, skilless newbie who decided he wanted to TC FreeSpace on his first day lining up, and they'd all be saying the same thing, besides. I say, if you've proven yourself a good modeler/renderer (people like venom, ideally Steak, Ryx, myself (of course)...), and actually want to give an interview (I don't doubt many of the best people wouldn't have something to say, as I know I can't properly explain the things that really come naturally to me), you're a likely candidate. We should keep the number of interviews to a manageable level, and probably not confine it to strictly modding, campaigns, or anything of the sort. Some cool **** gets done here that doesn't really involve computers at all, except maybe a scanner.

What I'd like to see is interviews focussed on techniques and tricks people've learned over the years, rather than the standard "sage advice" I'm sure many would try to give, which just ends up being near-moronically vague an repetitive. Practical stuff to boost parts of what people would otherwise learn by experience. I can volunteer my abilities in high-detail modeling, advanced Photoshop, and the Carrara/Ray Dream setup, say (though ideally not in one interview, but three separate ones- the first general practice and shortcuts, and two "well, here's a bug that makes really freaky things happen..." interviews), and could stand to read a Lightwave one. In other words, tutorial-interviews.

Though I guess it really boils down to whether this is an exercise in self-aggrandizement and advertising, or actual, practical education in a format not really available on the forums

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Well i know this sounds pedantic, but in the WCSaga project demo i successfully cloned the 1st WC4 mission events, autopilot linkage, and all... Ive been fredding since day one (release) of FS1 in uk and ive never released a mission to public, i just do it cos i enjoy it, Just cos people dont release missions doesn't mean they dont know how guys, btw checked the WCS forum, thanks for the interview guys ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Black Wolf
Agreed - if this idea can't work without spam, then the topic will simply be deleted. Out of the last 25 posts, there are about 8 that could be considered on topic. If you have a suggestion for an interviewee (including yourself), post the name and reasons here. If you don't, PM somebody, post in Hard Light, do whatever, except post in here. Simple.

I'll delete all off topic posts to keep things organized and let's keep it clean this time and not advance any discussions.
Black Wolf is right - those who want to be interviewed, post the reason why you should be. And I tell you again... "being a local legend" is NOT a reason (exept admins)

Now quit spamming

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl
Intervieuw me i have a good story.........:D ...wont say anything more
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by USS Alexander
Intervieuw me i have a good story.........:D ...wont say anything more

I'll take you. PM me some additional info and we'll work it out

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I can do tut stuff, a I said. Hi-poly modeling and most progs. MAX might be a bit problematic, since I can't run it to confirm what I remember, but pretty much anything else... particularly Ray Dream and Photoshop.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Surely you should, um, just 'pick' people to interview?  

anyways, I'm always available.  Well ,mostly always.  Ok, sometimes.  You should try and talk to some of the guys who left before I even arrived, like Dark or Zarathud.....

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
All the classical vets need to be interviewed. That is, Icefire, Inquisitor, ZylonBane, Thunder, Orange, Plasma, Dark etc.

Someone might want to try to get interviews of some 'retired' members too. (Mprok, Payne, Tiggeroonie etc. haven't been around I think)
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
i'm around although i'm sure there are more interesting people to talk to, hehe