Author Topic: New Members Wanted!  (Read 18273 times)

Offline Jal-18

Ahhh, Grug'll like this. :yes:

Offline Rott3

If it would be my decision, you would be onboard already.
Bet ya can't stick it

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Awsome!

I think we can say 'welcome aboard'. ^_^ :D

I'll work on getting you internal access. :)
Have you played the Homeworld series before, and / or have a good knowledge of them?

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Originally posted by Grug

Have you played the Homeworld series before, and / or have a good knowledge of them?

Yes, I played HW before I got FS2, and I modded it and cheated thru the main campaign.:lol: Gave myself undestroyable Salvage covettes, modded where it would only take one of them to capture everything else.

Haven't played the other two tho, was gonna buy Catalysm, and right after I checked out, I found FS2, so I returned HW:C, and bought FS2.

Now I will give a warning before I make anything, on the fact that I can't low poly model.;7 It just don't work with me. Allways ends up very high.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
offering my services as a 3D modeler and a back-up fredder.

:D
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Jal-18

Ah, I love you.  We so desperately need modellers.

Actually, we're just desperate ...  :nervous:
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
LoL. :p

Do you have any previous work to show us pecenipicek? (if u join us u will need a nick name :lol: )

Post em in here or PM me, whatever takes your fancy. :)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Nice work there mate. =D Check your email. ;)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
sent you back

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Cool, will chat more inside.

Welcome to the team. :D

Offline Centrixo

i wouldnt mind fictional story writer, give me material and il try an example to see if its good. of course my english is not the best. but then again i want to learn this or artisitic effects. my gcse in art is c- but that was almost 4 years ago. i only know how to do black and white image with pencil, and have a great understanding of shadows. in the computer ive done a image a few weeks ago. its not exactly the best.

on the creative side with writing, i need some motivation to get the thought process running there, once that is accomplised give me the stuff and a pointer and il create whats needed.

thats if the position is still open  :)
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
We really need more model and texture artists at the moment more than anything else sorry.

Offline Centrixo

np  :).
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
As I mentioned somewhere else about the place though, eventually we want to have a website where people can post fanfiction etc. But more on that when we eventually develop it. (one day hopefully ;) )

I have some skill in Dreamweaver, Nothing too fancy, however, I could design a webpage if you should so choose. The only thing would be funding. It costs monies to host and register a domain name, unless you want to do it through hard light as a sub-site/

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
http://tap.hard-light.net/
It's a bit dated though.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Hey guys (long to no see, at least in this section :) )

Normally I wouldn;t bug you but I think I might have a mutually beneficial situation..

If you guys have HW2 skills/knowledge on the importing/gamemechanincs side, the Macross D.Y.R.L. teams needs help desperately!

They got 90% of the models done (so there you go modlers/texturers) but apparently HW2 differs from HW1 in soem fundamental way or mayeb they have diff staff members this tiem around as they have hit the wall so to speak.

If you guys are interested you could probably say "hey we need modelers/texturers and you need otehr HW2 skills, how a bout a compromise?"

Boom - both teams get soemthign out fo it and 2 cmmunities benefit from it!

What do you say? I'm quoting the relevant post if any of you are interested... They've been in production probably 4 years now so it woudl be a shame to see them fold cause fo this):

Lestat - "The mod is at a virtual standstill as far as I know. The problem is not that we do not have the models but that we do not have the crew (or enough crew with enough time) with the right skills and knowledge to put them into HW2. Most of the models were made in MAX or other 3d programmes, but they need to be converted first to maya and then exported into HW2. We haven't even begun to animate, and I'm not sure how easy that is to do either. Personally, the HW2 side of stuff/maya is beyond my current skillset, and I don't see it going to change anytime soon.

It sucks. But until there are more crew working on the HW2 side of things, I don't see the mod going anywhere soon - despite the models being more or less done.

Perhaps we ought to release what we have so far. Who knows, maybe someone playing the mod will get enthused and join the team working on that side of things."

Also:

"Modelling - 90+%
Texturing - 75%
Model Conversion to Homeworld 2 - 65%
Animation - 0%
Balancing - 5%
Effects - 25%

These are rough guess-timates.

A lot of the hard work is done - the modelling that is. The rest of it can be done with less required skill, but nevertheless, we lack the manpower and know-how.

As it stands, the mod is playable but unbalanced. There is no SDF-1 in-game, as we're waiting on proper textures for the ARMD-01 model, and there are no transforming valks. There are problems with the Meltohlaunndy and Zjentohlauedy flagships, as they work like homeworld 2 motherships and are too slow; we may have to make them a different class of ship and disinclude motherships, making custom multiplayer maps.

There is no such thing as single player mode, although you can play through some missions with macross units instead of homeworld ones but this has not been tested.

Overall, maybe 50% done, and pretty stagnant. I've been saying for years maybe we should just release a version as is, and that may attract some new blood. Maybe I'll make a poll and we'll see."

I figured since you guys are doing a HW2 project you might know how HW2 works. I'm also gonna hit up Duerellon (SP?) from FS New age mod and spread the word...

My apologies if this was a distraction (it's not meant to be). I felt it just had to be posted, mods in trouble need each other sometimes...

Here is the board if anyone feels like registering to say something to them or has other questions:
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=11515&st=800
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
I think most of the stuff we did was one way. From HW2 -> FS2.
Which is a tad easier then going too HW2. The only advice I could give is to find people who've worked on other HW2 mods.

I just used the HW2 extractor tools to get models and textures. I didn't really look into inserting anything.
As it is RL (Real Life) has  consumed my FT (Free Time) for good, as is the case with most of the other members.
I hate to say it, but TAP is just about shelved until the day some of us or new blood can dedicate some FT to see it finished. :(