Author Topic: (silent threat) problem with mission after "Field of Destruction"  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Arcanum

(silent threat) problem with mission after "Field of Destruction"
it's a no briefing mission, which I thought usually means you carry over what you flew in the previous mission.

But no matter how I complete Field of Destruction, I wind up in a Zeus bomber, with 8% hull. :wtf:  This makes the mission virtually impossible to complete.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: (silent threat) problem with mission after "Field of Destruction"
Yup. :v: screwed up on that one. :)

Red-alert missions start you off on whatever craft you flew in the most recent red-alert mission.  Doesn't matter whether that was several missions ago or even in a different campaign altogether.

This is just one of the :wtf: aspects of the original Silent Threat.  We kept it to preserve the feel of the original (and to provide a contrast for ST:R :D).  Just use cheats to get through it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:01:28 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Is that why I always ended up in an Ursa with 3 banks of Harbingers (made the cruiser kill easy but made it very hard to protect the pods.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Probably, if that's what you used for the "kill the Lucifer" mission.

Offline Arcanum

Now the mission has started crashing on me.  :ick:
It's hard to describe, but it's happened 5-6 times in a row now.  The first time I went to put in the cheats as soon as the mission starts, and when I ~+w to get infinite missles (I had zero) the game hangs for 2-3 seconds then crashes.  Another time it crashed when a message tried to play, and another time when I tried to look behind.

Every time it's less than 15 seconds into the mission, and its a proper crash ("xxx encountered a problem and needs to close.  Please tell Microsoft about this problem* *we love invading your privacy and meddling with computer software that we aren't affiliated with or have any clue about whatsoever"), not an assertion fault.