Author Topic: Latest Builds of Interest  (Read 12376 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Latest Builds of Interest
Here you can find any current builds that have some significance to scripting (eg bugs fixed, new functionality or hooks added, etc).

The first post will be updated with the latest build, so you don't have to scroll around too much to find it.

Latest Build
Second Camera Code System Part II
  • Added set-camera-fov
  • Adding $Banking Constant as well as scripting variable for it
  • Camera code fixes
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:25:51 pm by WMCoolmon »
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Latest Builds of Interest
Would it be possible to get unoptimized builds? I encounter immediate CTD (in errorlog.txt its marked as 'illegal instructions' error) with standard build when i run it without any mods or scripts at all.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Axem

Seconded. Only the debug builds ever work for me. Could this be because those are P4 builds while me and Wanderer have AMD CPUs?

Offline WMCoolmon

For future reference:
C01142007 (HEAD)
  • Fixes the +Override: parameter
  • Fixes various problems with "font" handle implementation
  • Some modifications to the script-eval SEXP.

And the new build:
C01142007b (HEAD)
  • non-P4 builds
  • Renamed mouse functions in "io" library for clarity.
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i use optimised builds on my amd64 3500 without a hitch.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I used the unoptimzed and got some rather interesting issues... With r-build whenever a ship fires flaks i get CTD (tested only with mediavps), with d-build i get those flaks replaced with debug particles (red blobs) when using mediavps... Without mediavps i get very badly trailing retail flak effect, that is normally retail flak consisted of 2 to 3 blobs but i'm getting over 10 blob trails per shot. Also it seems that only the flaks that actually hit the ship detonate.. all others go past the ship (though they should be detonating nearby the target).

Same for me. I get CTDs, usually when a big ship comes in, with several error reports (malloc failed, or couldn't find entry in table...).
  This happens with MediaVP 3.6.8 zeta.
With MediaVP 3.6.7, everything works fine (almost: the only bug so far is invisible asteroids).
This also happens with  the C12172006 version.

Offline WMCoolmon

Can you guys mantis these issues? Also, do these happen with any earlier builds (esp. 3.6.9)?

Both problems sound like they could be related to memory allocation...but off the top of my head, I don't remember changing anything that should have had that dramatic of an effect.
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I wasn't sure if these builds were made from 'official' CVS stuff or just from your local codebase so i thought you might want the errors here...

Offline WMCoolmon

Hrm, gp. Nevermind about mantis then; I'll just add this thread to my TODO list.
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i script under retail data only. so i wouldnt have noticed it.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

I'm not sure, but I think 3.6.9 works fine with 3.6.8 zeta media VPs. I'm not sure because I always play with your build (so as to use Nuke's mouse control). It's perfectly stable with 3.6.7 media VPs (except for the asteroid bug so far. It can be solved by enabling jpg-tga texturing, but by doing so, the black boxes around subachs come back!).
  I'm kinda newb here, but I can learn about mantis and report the bugs I find if it helps.
N_D 

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
you do know, that the "B" build has broken Theora playback? And the debug is not backward compatible (the subsystem flag is driving me nuts :))
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I got a fresh HEAD branch build from Kara... and it shows many of these probs so i'll go and mantis the ones i saw

Offline WMCoolmon

Latest Build
C03282007 (HEAD)

• Improved Linux error-reporting support
  • Fixed one silly bug that's been around since practically day 1.
  • Optimized internal hook variable get/set/removal algorithms.
  • "+Override:" field is now definitely fixed.
  • Added "On Splash Screen" and "On Game Init" conditional hook actions
  • Added "Version" conditional hook condition
  • Added "Shields.CombinedLeft" and "Shields.CombinedMax"
  • Replaced subsystem:getName() with .Name; added the ability for subsystems/turrets to have a name independent of the original model name to support the variable. This name will be used for the targeting computer and SEXPs.
  • Added "Self" and "Object" variable pair to all collision sequences to allow for easier generic collision actions.
  • Tweaked drawString so that when it's called without any position arguments (eg gr.drawString("Hello")) it will write another line below the previous one. It starts at (0,0) by default
  • Added "Self" hook variable for the HUD hooks.
  • Added *tentative* support for model textures. This works but does not support glow or spec maps and so may be revised.[/s]
  • Added getFilename() method for textures
  • Replaced setTarget with gr.CurrentRenderTarget variable
  • Changed "Object" hooks of warp hooks to "Self"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:40:21 pm by WMCoolmon »
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Latest Build
C05202007 (HEAD)

• Fix CTD on mission start
  • DO NOT USE WITH PILOT FILES THAT YOU DO NOT WANT CORRUPTED - may contain bad pilotfile code from HEAD.
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Latest (but not quite official) Build
nuke081307head

dont know how buggy this one is, i know it dont like certain pilot files. so dont blame me if yours get corrupted :D

*edit*
this seems like more of a downgrade so dont use this for script dev.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:23:02 pm by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok heres a new build based off wmc's current diffs. be sure to test it throughly so that it can be committed as soon as possible.

n082907

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Instant CTD on mission start

Code: [Select]
fs2_open_n082907_d caused an Access Violation in module fs2_open_n082907_d.exe at 001b:004c777f.
Exception handler called in FreeSpace 2 Main Thread.

Code: [Select]
Fast-unloading 2_CB_050002.pcx.  110x87x16
GAMESEQUENCE: Got event GS_EVENT_ENTER_GAME (2) in state GS_STATE_SHIP_SELECT (11)
entering common_select_close()
Unloading 2_BPB_000002.pcx.  67x48x0
Releasing bitmap 2_Infobox.pcx in slot 1362 with handle 1887112
Releasing bitmap 2_Briefwin.pcx in slot 1363 with handle 1891863
Releasing bitmap 2_Brief.pcx in slot 1361 with handle 1882361
Releasing bitmap iconwing01.ani[1] in slot 1242 with handle 1440492
Entering game at time =  47.386

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i never tested the dubug build. i havent had any problems with the r build though.

Nuke's Scripting SVN