Author Topic: .vp  (Read 3607 times)

Offline romale

wth is a .vp and how do i use it ?:P

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
VP files are Voliton data files. Download it to your main Freespace 2 directory and everything will work!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
A .VP file is a lot like a ZIP file. You can download VPView to see what's in a VP :nod:
-C

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
A .VP file is a lot like a ZIP file.

Except the data isn't compressed. It takes more room, but loads much faster.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yes. The VP file format was going to be compressed until [V] realised the extra processor power required for on-the-fly decompression and reading. So it went out the door, and FS2 came on 3CDs instead of 2. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
That's why it's a "lot like" rather than "just like", I wasn't sure about that...after all, they put them in the files for a reason :D
-C