Author Topic: Cardinal Spear: A Spear In The Dark is impossible?  (Read 2637 times)

Cardinal Spear: A Spear In The Dark is impossible?
Erm I'm playing through this campaign and I'm up to the mission where the GTD Agamemnon and the GTA Fleet takes on the Vasudan Task force led by the PVD Zeus.

Problem: EVERYTIME the Zeus is destroyed by either me, my wingmen, my fleet, or even some random Aten cruiser accidently ramming it, the Agamemnon self-destructs shortly after, even at over 70% hull, causing me to fail the mission...this never happened the first time I played through the campaign so why is it happening now -_- any assisstance would be appreciated   

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Cardinal Spear: A Spear In The Dark is impossible?
There are actually two Cardinal Spear campaigns, each with a mission called "A Spear In the Dark", and neither has a ship called the PVD Zeus.  Do you mean the PVD Suez?

There is no event in that mission to cause the GTD Agamemnon to self-destruct.  However, what could be happening is that the Agamemnon gets hit by a stray piece of debris.  Can you play the mission again, and carefully watch the Agamemnon to see if this happens?

played it three times, if it was just a stray piece of debris I wouldnt have bothered posting, the damn thing ACTUALLY randomly blows up, I tried destroying the Suez (yeah youre right my bad lol its just all that Greek Mythology..might as well right?) quickly to make sure the Agamenon was too far out to get hit, it goes boom, I let the cruisers and wingmen blow it up....goes boom anyway, I let the agamemnon blow it up, still goes boom -_- its the first campaign and each way i try it the agamemnon randomly dies...so upset :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, that's ... bizarre.  I searched through the mission and there is quite definitely no event to make the Agamemnon blow up.

I guess the only thing left to try is to manually make the Agamemnon invulnerable using cheats while you play that mission. :nervous:

Incidentally, if you know how to extract missions from a VP file, post the mission as an attachment and I'll compare it with the "standard" mission set.

erm no dont know how to extract missions from a vp, went over my head with that one, i'll look it up when i get a chance and ill replay the mission again see if anything changes but all I know is it worked normally the first time i played it about 2 weeks ago, why its messing up now I have no idea :/

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Suez is Zeus backwards. Woah. Mind = Blown.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

@Droid HEY youre right, thanks for that off topic mindblower :D

@Goober fixed my issue...well not fixed just got lucky :/ it was debris that was killing my Orion, guess it was just the luck of the draw oh well