Author Topic: Blast from the past  (Read 4514 times)

I was feeling nostalgic, Googled Tachyon and look what I found!  Found the Facebook page, too. 

Saw the post with the pilot name -> real name reference.  So many memories....

It sounds like it's still possible to play Tach?  I may have to check it out.  Still my favorite game of all time.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I wouldn't mind going a few rounds against an oldy moldie such as yourself.  Need some vets to keep things interesting.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Well i guess i am also one of thos Blast from teh Past guys.
Much like GS there i found this after googling for some tachyon related stuff after i came across my old CD.
Needles to say the poor thing is in such a bad shape that i couldent even install it anymore.

Are there any of us BC and or RG guys left at all.. or IK for that matter and i mean folks like Merlin.

Offline johnney351

• bring'em on!
I started  playing Tachyon: the fringe again, missed games like Wing commander and Privateer, best type of games ever, can't wait to check out and test Fringespace ! ;7
Cheers
John

Offline JGZinv

Greywolf - BC has a semi active facebook group, they relocated there after the site died.

Royal Guard, not really. Some of them I had contact with, but their site died and they never did anything with it so it got really hard to reach Theabell and the others not on FB.

Thanks for the kind words johnney!

Hey Greywolf, don't know if you will read this, but send me (michael sisler) or deadmeat (Charles Abdouch) a message through Facebook and we can get you hooked up with the BC page there.  I have been on a kick lately trying to find old BC members and get them all back together :)

Offline johnney351

• bring'em on!
Hey guys, are there any updates on FringeSpace or Freespace ?
Cheers
John

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Unfortunately not. Many of us have been busy with personal life and I have been working on my own personal mod. I have hit several snags with current FringeSpace assets and will be attempting to get them working over the next few months.

Also, I would like to ask that you post in the Random Status Updates thread when asking about updates.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline JGZinv

I've been without video cards as well, which is hardly any way to try to work on model assets.
I'm in the process of cleaning up my disaster mess called a work environment, and deal with real life finances, as well as some family health issues,
so it's unfortunately pulling the short stick for the mod in recent months.

I know Z has also been looking for work and trying to get off dialup internet pretty much.

We do have some people working slowly in the background, and some of the SCP related things as of late are encouraging as we'll need them.

We're still here, just other things eating up our time.