Author Topic: General forum game discussion  (Read 63816 times)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Re: General forum game discussion
Ouch, gonna need some burn cream for that one.

But I can dish it right back out. (Or would you just rather wait for the results of this phase before our next verbal round of Enioch vs. Lepanto?)

(OBTW Spoon, we never actually gave the DD a 1/3 share of the refinery. That, as Enioch made specific in his treaty terms, was contingent on our resolving the dispute in Aldebaran. Which we obviously didn't.)

:p

Hit me at your leisure.

Re Aldebaran: Did you secure the location again? Don't forget that the last 'secure' command takes effect.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Haha oh man, these diplomacy posts give me such delight  :lol:

(OBTW Spoon, we never actually gave the DD a 1/3 share of the refinery. That, as Enioch made specific in his treaty terms, was contingent on our resolving the dispute in Aldebaran. Which we obviously didn't.)
I wasn't sure so I asked the DD before the turn:
Remind me, did you guys have some kind of agreement with the other groups to share the resources of the refinery or is this a 100% grab of it?
Both the CRF and the UGC appear to have been OK with a three-way split of the refinery. They did seem to adopt our stipulations against the SF, which included a three-way split of Aldebaran.
Else the refinery would have been 100% in the hands of the DD since last turn.
But I guess any sharing in the nearby future is coming to an end?  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam

Spoon wants us all to burn :O
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth

Oh, he has made that abundantly clear. :p

Time to give him some skulls for the skull throne. :mad2:
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Enioch

Oh, he has made that abundantly clear. :p

Time to give him some skulls for the skull throne. :mad2:

[Cain] Well, he can't have mine [/Cain]

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Your nation lacks plot armor, so you don't have a choice in the matter. ;7

Spoon, you have your war. I hope you're happy. :P
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
All you guys had to do was keep out of SF interstellar policy and the war would have started already  :banghead:

also Diplomacy thread is proving awesome popcorn material
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:27:43 am by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Sorry if my previous foreign policy prevented anyone else from having fun.

Glad you're being entertained by our back-and-forth, at least. ;) Who do you think has the better zingers?

Offline Lorric

Spoon, it's a good thing you told us you needed your data. I think there's still a decent chance that even with your new points system, we'd have been able to keep peace in this galaxy. I personally would have found the challenge of that appealing. :)

But the literal God of the Universe has spoken. And he is a God lusting for the flames of war to spread through his galaxy.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:46:33 pm by Lorric »

Offline Veers

So many hot heads in one sub-forum. :D

Good stuff guys, and we're better testing the combat now than later. The diplomacy has certainly been interesting, especially as each side really takes a different view of the same issue. Hopefully my next post highlights that a little bit. But yea, word spam.. it's all I can do.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Spoon, it's a good thing you told us you needed your data. I think there's still a decent chance that even with your new points system, we'd have been able to keep peace in this galaxy. I personally would have found the challenge of that appealing. :)

But the literal God of the Universe has spoken. And he is a God lusting for the flames of war to spread through his galaxy.

If there was no war for like say 3-4 turns, I'd throw in the cyrvans as a "random event", If I were Spoon.
Well, to late already
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Veers

Could have thrown in some other faction/universe event instead of the Cyrvans as well. I had an idea of what but forgot...

How is everyone else finding the game so far?
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Turn has been turned, Actual shots fired.

Missiles seem really strong at the moment, but I don't wanna draw any conclusions yet after a single battle.

Regarding shields: Since these regenerate after each battle, I'm not going to change the number on the map. So don't get confused if they should be at zero or some other number after getting fired on.

Regarding Center/Centre: Since I'm copy pasting a bunch of orders from different threads, there will be a delightful inconsistency between British/American spelling, you will all have to deal with it :cool:

Regarding 'overwatch' commands as I remember someone coining that term. <-- lemme get back on that later, I wanna type stuff on this subject but not right now.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Spoon, I hate to do this to you but you resolved the Aldebaran Tactical Combat wrong:

3rd CRF Orders were:
1. ------------------
2. ADVANCE 3rd CRF Right PORT
3. ADVANCE 3rd CRF Right PORT
4. ADVANCE 3rd CRF Centre FORWARD
5. 3rd CRF Centre FIRE AT 1st DD Right

you resolved 2 and 3 for the wrong part of the fleet (Centre instead of Right)

and I targeted the wrong flank, figures
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:29:00 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Enioch

Welp, I was about to suggest that we pull back from Aldebaran, but apparently front-line reports were erroneous.  :p Rumours of casualties were greatly exaggerated.

Orph3us, kudos for fair play.

Offline 0rph3u5

(was supposed to be an edit but there is a reply now)

I guess we can accept the results as-is... but I want to point it out for future reference
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

I hate myself.

Okay disgard current turn, check back in an hour as I fix my mistakes.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
This time for sure..! Hopefully.

Alas, fair play was not rewarded with favorable RNG
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

I'm all for reducing the damage taken, simply for rewarding fair play. Orph3us could have kept mum and nobody would have ever known.

But then Spoon kills me for suggesting he should redo everything, so I keep my mouth shut.

Offline 0rph3u5

I'm all for reducing the damage taken, simply for rewarding fair play. Orph3us could have kept mum and nobody would have ever known.

But then Spoon kills me for suggesting he should redo everything, so I keep my mouth shut.

No need to bend over backwards on my account; I have one more reason to fall back and get my free Veteran upgrade now...

BTW if the 3rd CRF were to return now to a CRF planet and get its free Veteran upgrade from the Academy, does the fleet retains it's combat XP?

==================