Author Topic: important forum matter: please post thoughts  (Read 4276 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
important forum matter: please post thoughts
Please refrain from adding "little in the middle but she got much flak" or variant phrases to the GTC Aeolus article in the wiki.  Veteran Comments should add high-quality, meaningful, and insightful commentary; they should not be jokes or trivialities.  The E, NGTM-1R, and Androgeos Exeunt have all pointed out that the comment doesn't belong, and I agree with them.  Furthermore, the last 10 edits on that page have been back-and-forth editing between you and Androgeos Exeunt.  This needs to stop.

It would be a great joke if it appeared in a parody campaign or if you remixed the Baby Got Back lyrics in the Hard Light Art board.  May I suggest that you try one of those avenues instead?

Offline Lorric

Re: important forum matter: please post thoughts
My first thoughts were that this is not important and stupid.

Though maybe it is if you care enough to keep posting it in there over the span of years and others care enough to keep removing it in the same way.

Possible option:

http://cgi.cs.duke.edu/~des/vct/vct.cgi

That will settle it if it can't be done by talking.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'd honestly forgotten I removed that the first time.

While relatively harmless, I suppose, it is strictly speaking against policy which is why it got booted during the comments jihad. We were trying to reduce the articles down to a more useful length by removing duplicates and irrelevancies.

Though I always thought that notations to FREDders regarding weapons loadouts were not irrelevancies either.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:46:10 pm by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What is this important matter you speak of? Your post had none.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What is this important matter you speak of? Your post had none.

Fury please post more, we miss you.

Offline Aesaar

That comment was the best comment on the whole wiki and I agree with it wholeheartedly.  Goober and Androgeos just hate joy.

The GTC Aeolus page is made less by its absence.  I support any effort to keep it in place.  Keep mixalot levels at maximum.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:40:17 am by Aesaar »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
When there are veteran comments praising the Myrmidon I fully believe that perfectly describing the Aeolus with "little in the middle but she got much flak" is acceptable. It's at least telling you all you need to know about it, unlike the lying comments praising the Myrmidon.

e: actually I propose we remove all positive comments about the Myrmidon on the wiki because they aren't meaningful, insightful, or truthful. As 'high quality' as they are written, they are low quality in content.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
I hesitate to chime into this thread, as I've not much forum presence, but I feel compelled to comment on one aspect of it...

Quote from: Androgeos Exeunt
With all due respect, Battuta, please stop re-adding that line into the GTC Aeolus article. It serves no purpose.

It makes people smile and laugh(or possibly roll their eyes). That's a worthy purpose to spare 43 characters in a 8900 character page for, in my book.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:59:04 am by EatThePath »
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What's important here is that we post a lot about Sir Mixalot and the Aeolus.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I kinda have to agree as well. A bit of levity in a wiki dedicated to a game doesn't hurt anyone (As I expressed in my second comment on the topic).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I would like to express the dissenting opinion that the 5-year edit war is at least as funny as the line itself and so the best course of action is for all parties involved to continue acting exactly as they have.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

A lot of the comments on the wiki are either wrong or only correct if you're playing on a lower difficulty. Now I'm not going to go full MatthTheGeek and suggest that VCs should be super-hardcore advice only for insane but when nobody cares about stuff that blatantly breaks the rules it seems stupid to keep removing a comment that's both funny and descriptive.

Just look at this ****. There's a comment saying the Horus is an excellent dogfighter in multiplayer games and one saying it's too squishy and that the Serapis is better(which has only slightly more shields and slightly less hull, making it about as fragile) all while blogging hard by describing a specific thing that happened to him.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:23:45 am by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
A lot of the comments on the wiki are either wrong or only correct if you're playing on a lower difficulty. Now I'm not going to go full MatthTheGeek and suggest that VCs should be super-hardcore advice only for insane but when nobody cares about stuff that blatantly breaks the rules it seems stupid to keep removing a comment that's both funny and descriptive.

Just look at this ****. There's a comment saying the Horus is an excellent dogfighter in multiplayer games and one saying it's too squishy and that the Serapis is better(which has only slightly more shields and slightly less hull, making it about as fragile) all while blogging hard by describing a specific thing that happened to him.

It's a wiki, if you see a problem go fix it. You have the power.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yes. Fix the wiki by making it more like Transformers wiki.

November 18, 2015: Hard Light wiki RUINED FOREVER
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
And that's enough for this thread.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, Goober, it's not. You don't get to shut down a topic like this if you dislike the response you're getting.

Now, in order to make this productive, why can't we allow humourous comments on the wiki? Why must it be super srs?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I just thought the idea of a years long dust-up about Sir Mixalot was funny, but I will say that veteran comments are absolutely my favorite part of wiki crawling. I mean, you other brothers can't deny.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
"little in the middle but she got much flak"
I don't actually get what this is suppose to be referencing? Somebody explain plz.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This reminds me of a story!

Once, a great man named Wayne Gretzky spent years and years posting photos of his meals and his stamp collections and his new bikes onto a forum, where he was beloved for his jokes and good humor. And only after all those years did someone realize that every single picture contained, at the very bottom, the soft brown swell of his naked ballsack. Wayne Gretzky had freeballed the whole world.

By which I only mean to say that there are worse things to spend years slipping onto the Internet.

Transformers Wiki owns