Author Topic: Astroids Field Rock Sizes  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Astroids Field Rock Sizes
Is there any way to force FRED to use only certain sized asteroids in its box fields?  I'm trying to create what is supposed to be planetary rings, but full-sized asteroids seem too big for something like that.  I'd like to specify only smaller rocks.  Is there a relatively simple way to do this, or should I open a feature request?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Astroids Field Rock Sizes
Short of creating a new asteroids.tbl that would also affect your other missions?

Using "ship-create", "ship-vanish" and "ship-rot-maneuver" you can theoretically franken-emmulate what the asteroids editor does...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Sounds like I'm on to a feature request then.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Why not simply resize the POFs used for the asteroids?

This, of course, assumes that you are okay with applying the size change for every mission in the mod.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
A global change of asteroid sizes for all missions in the campaign would not be the intention, no.  I've opened a feature request thread in the SCP forums.  It also brings up a few more upgrade suggestions.

I wish we could make bigger asteroid fields. I want to have a few missions set entirely in an enormous debris field from a planet and its moons, and that'll be difficult since you seem to only be able to have one asteroid field per mission...I'll probably have to make a skybox that has asteroids on it to add to the effect.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I wish we could make bigger asteroid fields. I want to have a few missions set entirely in an enormous debris field from a planet and its moons, and that'll be difficult since you seem to only be able to have one asteroid field per mission...I'll probably have to make a skybox that has asteroids on it to add to the effect.

Multiple Fields and Field geometry are a different feature request (and one that has been around since I joined HLP).

However might I redirect your attention to this release from Shivan Hunter? It might serve your purpose
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."