Author Topic: [Release] Phantoms & Echo-Gate  (Read 11533 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Release] Phantoms & Echo-Gate
Phantoms: In 2335, the GTD Amadeus moves to block the PVD Temperance from entering Antares, unaware of the imminent arrival of 'Phantom ships'
Echo-Gate: Shortly after the destruction of the Lucifer, the GTD Minnow is dispatched to Beta Cygni to clear up a lingering Shivan presence

While playing through Blaise Russel's campaigns Phantoms & Echo-Gate I realized that for some reason, the last mission in Phantoms isn't voice acted. I have added the few missing lines and added skyboxes to all the missions.
Go and play those 2 classic campaigns, undeservedly, they are among the forgotten and seldom played ones, despite being of very high quality!

for those campaings, the freespace port is required
Dowload:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdwxb5mc3cgz93x
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:24:40 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: [Release] Phantoms & Echo-Gate
You need to clean these up a little before you release them.  Remove the mission backup files from the missions folder and the settings file from the mod folder.  Also you have models for 3 nebula boxes but only have maps to support one model.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Oh goodie, a Blaise Russell campaign updated. Congratulations on the release!

Offline Solatar

Nice job, I always enjoy playing these two and the Shrouding the Light campaigns.  I noticed that starfield in the upgraded Pandora's Box.  Is that starfield POF slated for the new mediavps, or is it just becoming the FSCRP standard?

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Minor gripe -- The mod.ini links Fsport-mediavps. It should be Fsport_mediavps.

Offline fightermedic

@Nemesis: could it be that you are using an outdated fsport? i'm pretty sure the latest release uses "-" instand of "_" by default, but i might be wrong

@Solatar: I was planning to use that starfield as a standard for my campaign revamps, but as i'm not completely happy with it i will probably use a better and less characteristic one in the future
but i felt it is good enough to spice up the rather empty backrounds in those two campaigns a bit

@Macfie: Guess i really should have removed the unused models, and ooops for the settings file, that one was an oversight
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I remember playing both of these campaigns. Great classics!

Just wondering, how do we know which campaigns FSCRP is updating currently? I feel like if I had known that some campaigns were going to be released, I'd give voice acting a try as long as it didn't delay the release.

Offline fightermedic

pandoras box has been lying around in a near finished state for ages, and the two campaings in here i did spontanously and took no longer than 2 days to restore
currently i am doing final balancing on lightning marshal - i don't think there are plans in the project to work on any further campaigns right now - if some get started any help with voice acting would of course be great  :nod:
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Minor gripe -- The mod.ini links Fsport-mediavps. It should be Fsport_mediavps.
This is incorrect.  The correct name is fsport-mediavps, as it has always been.  Unfortunately, this is one typo that has propagated far more widely, and lasted much longer, than it should have.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
There's a good reason for why the typo has propagated as widely and as long as it did.
At a certain point in time the launcher would choke on hyphens in mod paths as it would believe they were command line flags, and using fsport_mediavps would actually fix the problem.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's true, I remember that now.  I rushed out a Launcher fix as soon as I heard about the problem, but that would explain why the wrong instructions stuck around as long as they did.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The backgrounds and supplementary voice files from this version have been added to the version currently on Knossos and the FSO Installer.

Original release thread:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=45043.0