Author Topic: The Aesaar-Hades Terran Fighter Extravaganza  (Read 20879 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: The Aesaar-Hades Terran Fighter Extravaganza
You mean "rewrite the external weapons code"? IIRC, that was discussed before. This isn't the first time this came up.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hades, would you consider reworking this model into a high-poly Hamano's Hercules Mark III? You have precisely the right fighter-jet aesthetic and Hercules heritage that this model needs!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I've thought about it and unfortunately I won't be, as there's a couple of remodeled Herc 3s in closed doors so it'd overlap with those unfortunately Plus we (aesaar and myself) started this Herc model to replace the old Herc 2 design in our copies of FreeSpace with something we like, even if it doesn't get into the MVPs.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:45:24 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
...there's a couple of remodeled Herc 3s in closed doors so it'd overlap with those unfortunately

...can I have one?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'm not sure behind which doors they'd be. The best upgrade I recall seeing for Hamano's Herc was someone adding a cockpit to it.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Inferno has one that is based on Hamano's, I think? Somehwere along the way it lost four guns though. I don't know what happened.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Ah, right, looks like it's still around. Rampage would be the one to ask, then (IIRC). But I don't know of "a couple" of remodeled Herc 3s, just this one.

Offline mr.WHO

I'm looking forward to that Perseus.

Tha Herc mk.2 is also looking sexy (I was never a big fan of the original Herc.2 other than it's good secondary banks)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That is one sexy Herc II. I never had the sense of power I did with the original Herc. I still won't but at least it'll look better.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Oh aren't these too curvy, not curvy enough discussions grand?

Personally, I like this version of the Herc II.  has a bit more of the Human ISO standard spaceship feel, though I can see some call to keep a bit of the curvy FS2 feel to it (I do appreciate the idea of keeping older designs having a more angular design language while newer stuff has more smooth transitions to reflect changing technology and aesthetic tastes, not to mention some Vasudan influence in the GTVA).  Only change I would make as far as that goes, though would be to have the lower section of the front of the weapons pods smoothly transition into the shape of the bottom and at the same time soften the edge where the top meets the upper front of the missile bay.  The edge where the upper and lower sections meet would still look better staying sharp to maintain the definition of the line that carries around from the sides.

Are we ever going to see these textured?
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

I really like the new block y look  for the Herc and the Perseus it gives it a more muscular and military look rather than flying a space egg or an eggplant I would not mind re-playing the fs2 campaign with this new ships :v  can you do the same with the Erinyes ? that will be super cool :) 
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That's cool! Keep up with your good work, Aesaar! :)

And what of the GTF Aurora seen in Blue Planet? And what about the GTF Myrmidon?

And what about the FS1-era fighters?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

what about the price of tea in china
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter

What about your family?
What about your God?
What about truth?
What about blood?
What about right?
What about wrong?
What about your future?
What about faith?
What about sin?
What about Hell?
What about death?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:36:34 am by AdmiralRalwood »
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I really like the new block y look  for the Herc and the Perseus it gives it a more muscular and military look rather than flying a space egg or an eggplant I would not mind re-playing the fs2 campaign with this new ships :v  can you do the same with the Erinyes ? that will be super cool :)
Erinyes, Ares, and Myrmidon are all on the list for when we eventually get around to them. The Myrmidon will be a fairly tame one out of all of them because both Aesaar and I mostly like it as-is.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It'd be good if the Myrmidon was not too reimagined, so that it could be used by Mediavps. The current Myrm is barely an upgrade from the retail one.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That was I'm saying. Dragon is right. The Myrmidon is just a minor upgrade from the retail.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

It can be used by the MVPs anyway. Or if the FSU guys decide it's not ugly enough(aka close to retail) you can just swap it in yourself.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded