Author Topic: Mission 1 Progress (video herein)  (Read 4606 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Mission 1 Progress (video herein)
I hope Lucika doesn't mind me posting this little video showcasing our "current" mission 1.

Click here for the video.

You remember this mission, right? We have made substantial progress with the tables since the demo, and I hope this video demonstrates that.

(Sorry for the lack of sound.)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Re: Mission 1 Progress (video herein)
Are you guys going to add gun convergence? It would certainly help when you have to fight ships like USSF Darkness (Ezechiel) and HEF Moonlight (Kvasir).
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes, majority of testers is asking for it. We're experimenting with it as we speak.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
The balance issues I was worried about before are still there- Enemy fighters are slow and easy to hit but take a while to go down. Ideally, in shieldless combat, they should be much faster and thus harder to hit, but a few good hits should take them down. This would make victory more dependent on skill and less dependent on time- the former is fun, the latter is too much like grinding to make me want to keep playing.

It does seem as though you no longer need to know what's about to happen to win the mission. That's good. :)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
The balance issues I was worried about before are still there- Enemy fighters are slow and easy to hit but take a while to go down. Ideally, in shieldless combat, they should be much faster and thus harder to hit, but a few good hits should take them down. This would make victory more dependent on skill and less dependent on time- the former is fun, the latter is too much like grinding to make me want to keep playing.

It does seem as though you no longer need to know what's about to happen to win the mission. That's good. :)

There is an alternative build in the woks build being adjusted and assessed which increases damage of weapons to balance other changes.  Also we are playing with an armour.tbl which has significantly less impact on reducing applied damage.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art