Author Topic: I Realize You Get This A Lot...  (Read 22695 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I Realize You Get This A Lot...
I haven't followed this forum very closely (though now I realize I should have), but I have heard many good things about Machina Terra.  I have also heard you are close to release, and I was just wondering, what remains to be done?

Also, do you have a website you could direct me to, so I can get more info on this campaign?

I don't want to pester you all for details here, as I'm sure you still have a lot of work to do...I don't want to impede progress, but I would like to know where to go for more info.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Re: I Realize You Get This A Lot...
I'd recommend looking it up on Skippy's campaign list (link to it on main page), and following the links there to its website.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Quite a lot needs to be done before it's finished all missions need to be Finished (almost all of them are skeletons atm and things like cutscene's need to be done etc

link to our website is http://mt.hard-light.net/ but it has not been updated for a while
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Tyrian

Thanks, I'll check out Skippy's campaign list and your website.

Now, I'll let you all get back to work.   :D

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Hmph, I dunno about anyone else, but I thought this was dead.... as in D-E-A-D
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Oh, how nice and sweet that was was from you...  :doubt:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
We aren't dead but atm we are slacking^_^

But honestly mark my words *WE ARE GETTING THIS DONE!*

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Tyrian

They aren't dead.  Just more concerned with producing a quality product. 

Sig rising...

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Oh, how nice and sweet that was was from you...  :doubt:
Yeah, sorry about that.
I tend to be brutally honest without knowing it... until someone calls me on it of course.... :(
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
That's not brutally honest, that's obnoxious and ill-informed.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline neoterran

ya really.. you've got less than a hundred posts and you can't possibly have been waiting on this campaign that long.. i'd say STFU TBH.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, in fairness, post count isnt terribly indicative of one's time waiting for MT. Mountains have been raised and have crumbled to the sea in the time that people have been waiting, but twas uncalled for, indeed. >..>;;

Offline neoterran

Well, in fairness, post count isnt terribly indicative of one's time waiting for MT. Mountains have been raised and have crumbled to the sea in the time that people have been waiting, but twas uncalled for, indeed. >..>;;

Alright.. how about 20 days on the boards then... ?

Target : Harbinger of Doom.

File Info, Clearance Alpha.
Date Registered:     July 04, 2006, 04:42:04 AM
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Same thing, registration date is a moot point. He could have lurked for years.  (unlikely, but still)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
See, we have a lot of stuff done. But we still need to do a little bit of work to get it finished. Work that isn't being done, a lot of it because of me, since I'm too busy with other stuff to actually work on MT. Missions need to be tested and polished, dialogue needs to be written. Models and textures are all done, but we still need to work on some effects. Cutscenes are one-third done - some need a little updating that wouldn't take more than a night's work and re-rendering. Voice acting hasn't even been started, it's a no-go without dialogues first. So yeah, there's work to be done. But a large percentage of it, say, more than 75%, is finished - has been for a long time - we just need to get our acts together and get it done once and for all.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Something that made me laugh a few days ago was on the Origins site it said, "From the people who brought you Machina Terra." It made me laugh, and it should have been more like "From the people who didn't bring you Machine Terra," or at the least "From the people who will bring you Machina Terra."  :lol:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
From the people trying to bring you Machina Terra, but may ultimately bring you to your knees in anticipation.....

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Mh MT is one of these mods I am waiting longer for then WC Saga. :nervous: *runs* ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A long time ago, I searched the staff page of MT and read that Raa hacked MT... I know this was a long time ago, and probably was somekind of joke, but err... What's going on with that???   :wtf:

Maybe I was dreaming, then  :confused:? (Am I going to get burnt here AS WELL as on the Inferno forum??)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Raa is an uber hacker watchout he may try hack your brains!